City Hall

Re: KCMO Downtown Streetcar

Post by FangKC »

alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

They did my guy dirty. Hindsight is 20/20, but what I wouldn't do to go back and at least maintain the right of way.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

https://youtu.be/GfuhniD-Vpw?t=1401

Interesting take on the KC Streetcar
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

"Well if you were in the city part, you were in Kansas City, and if you were in the suburb part, you were in Kansas City, so..."

Haha, touche.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

5-car operation today for KC Current.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

I'm getting beyond annoyed by the people that just abandon their cars in the turn lane because it's a free parking spot and the lack of pedestrian islands on the downtown route is just absurd... we need to get rid of that stupid and ugly turn lane and put in a nice landscaped median, maybe even with a fence to stop people from jaywalking in front of the streetcar. Get rid of every damn ugly white and yellow plastic ballad with real curbs and landscaping.

beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Center islands breed panhandling issues. Sounds like an enforcement issue. I actually mentioned it on here a few years ago and people responded with”this is what happens in an urban area!” so I dropped it.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

beautyfromashes wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:02 pm Center islands breed panhandling issues. Sounds like an enforcement issue. I actually mentioned it on here a few years ago and people responded with”this is what happens in an urban area!” so I dropped it.
There is hardly any panhandling along the streetcar route. Too few cars to be worth it.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

the center median is well used by commercial traffic. I love the look of the medians better for sure but you'd have to account for them somewhere.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:03 pm the center median is well used by commercial traffic. I love the look of the medians better for sure but you'd have to account for them somewhere.
I would worry they go back to using the streetcar lane...enforcement is the only real solution
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:03 pm the center median is well used by commercial traffic. I love the look of the medians better for sure but you'd have to account for them somewhere.
Main Street isn't a parking lot. Uber eats and other drivers need to quit using it as one too. The area has alleys, parking lots, loading docks, and side streets they all just use the middle of the street because they can just block traffic and nobody stops them. If I get stuck waiting on people blocking both lanes in front of one light one more time I'm gonna fuckin go ape shit.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

dnweava wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:19 pm
Main Street isn't a parking lot. Uber eats and other drivers need to quit using it as one too. The area has alleys, parking lots, loading docks, and side streets they all just use the middle of the street because they can just block traffic and nobody stops them. If I get stuck waiting on people blocking both lanes in front of one light one more time I'm gonna fuckin go ape shit.
I feel like your answer maybe stop driving on Main. win win.
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

YouTuber The Roaming Railfan, known for his extensive documentation of Brightline construction in Florida, just uploaded a video of the KC Streetcar and BNSF trains around Union Station from a visit last August. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB5kENRqlYw