KCMO Downtown Streetcar

Transportation topics in KC
smh
Supporter

Re: KCMO Downtown Streetcar

Post by smh »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:23 am
DaveKCMO wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:05 am That's all NFL.
I bet they aren’t going to put any restrictions on cars for that section though.
Don't make me defend cars! (haha). But from what I'm seeing/hearing, Main south of 20th will be closed to all traffic (except empty streetcar) during the draft.
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

That's correct. Assuming the plans I saw a couple months ago are still accurate, starting Monday, Main will closed SB all the way to Grand until May 7. Main will be NB-only from 27th to Pershing as well.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

smh wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:38 am
DaveKCMO wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:05 am That's all NFL.
I bet they aren’t going to put any restrictions on cars for that section though.
Don't make me defend cars! (haha). But from what I'm seeing/hearing, Main south of 20th will be closed to all traffic (except empty streetcar) during the draft.
Then I bet wrong! What will be in the street up Signpost Hill if there won’t be any traffic until Grand? Events? I assumed all interactive areas would be in PVP.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:37 am
smh wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:38 am
Then I bet wrong! What will be in the street up Signpost Hill if there won’t be any traffic until Grand? Events? I assumed all interactive areas would be in PVP.
I haven't heard anything, but I'm guessing nothing of note south of Pershing. Expect the area between 20th and Pershing will be staging or something, kind of like during the Royals parade a few years back, if memory serves?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

What does it even mean to close the stop? Like the streetcar will stop there but not open doors? JFC someone needs to get control of the NFL powers that be, this is our city not theirs, who is approving this?
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Most stupid thing I've ever heard.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Oh this is during the event? I can actually understand this move. There would be too much crowd at the stop itself.

I still think the NFL gets too much leeway for this event.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Amp up the social chatter on this one! They backed down on the Amtrak closure.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I actually agree with it. Would improve the headways too
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

You think this is bad, read about what cities have to do to host the Super Bowl.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

I hope that they at least park one of the streetcars at the very end of the track after the stop so it shows in pictures. Would be good advertising locally and nationally.
FlippantCitizen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by FlippantCitizen »

The Union Station streetcar stop being closed during the event is no biggy. But I completely fail to understand the duration of the main street closure. Also the school cancellation due to "traffic" is ridiculous. If we are going to host big events like this we need to step up enough to handle them in stride and not let the affects stretch weeks before and after. Or be cancelling critical services (school). What are the schools expecting to do during WC?
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

FlippantCitizen wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:08 pm The Union Station streetcar stop being closed during the event is no biggy. But I completely fail to understand the duration of the main street closure. Also the school cancellation due to "traffic" is ridiculous. If we are going to host big events like this we need to step up enough to handle them in stride and not let the affects stretch weeks before and after. Or be cancelling critical services (school). What are the schools expecting to do during WC?
June and July so schools will probably not be as impacted
FlippantCitizen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by FlippantCitizen »

Cratedigger wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:13 pm
FlippantCitizen wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:08 pm The Union Station streetcar stop being closed during the event is no biggy. But I completely fail to understand the duration of the main street closure. Also the school cancellation due to "traffic" is ridiculous. If we are going to host big events like this we need to step up enough to handle them in stride and not let the affects stretch weeks before and after. Or be cancelling critical services (school). What are the schools expecting to do during WC?
June and July so schools will probably not be as impacted
Good point, I was speaking of the cuff.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

I agree with your point. Sorry to be pedantic
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

KC Streetcar

Day 1 of the #NFLDraft in KC was a record-breaking ridership day for the #kcstreetcar. 21,601 passenger trips in 1 day, with 5-car service.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=54 ... 3256574356
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

FangKC wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:22 pm KC Streetcar

Day 1 of the #NFLDraft in KC was a record-breaking ridership day for the #kcstreetcar. 21,601 passenger trips in 1 day, with 5-car service.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=54 ... 3256574356
I predict Saturday will be the next new record. Day 1 of the draft didn't actually run five cars all day, just during the draft hours. I believe Saturday was five cars much longer -- plus the normal Saturday stuff like the City Market.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

How many cars will be running with the extension, any guess for average ridership per day and per annum?
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Riverite wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:20 pm How many cars will be running with the extension, any guess for average ridership per day and per annum?
I think the FTA application said 11,000 daily riders.

My guess is 16,000.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Unsure if it’s been posted here, and I imagine a number y’all have already signed, but Mike Czerniewski had started this petition, with the hope of presenting the idea of a JOCO extension to the JOCO Board of Commissioners, as well as municipal leaders and county stakeholders. Urban Lab is also working on this in loose partnership to develop graphics of potential corridors and possible routings. Any support you all can provide in signing the petition would be greatly appreciated. Link below!

https://chng.it/nnHjDhXQfJ
Last edited by Anthony_Hugo98 on Wed May 24, 2023 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.