Hotel

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hotel

Post by KCMax »

I'm getting married this fall at Club 1000 at 10th and Broadway. We need a room for the night. We've looked at the Hotel Savoy and have an appointment with the President Hotel. Any other suggestions? Which would you recommend? The Phillips Hotel is probably out of our price range.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: Hotel

Post by Boognish »

Hey congratulations, man. I thought I saw you mention that once, but it slipped my mind.

I'm totally unfamiliar with The President, but just based on it being there now would make it my choice. If you want a skyline view, either of the Crown Center hotels are just killer and it would be easy to arrange such a thing this far ahead of time. Unsure about cost, though.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

How much are you looking to spend?  A nice room at the Phillips is only $125.
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

Rooms at the President are more $$$ than rooms at the Phillips right now, FWIW.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

the president would be my first choice. rooms as low as $149, but a "junior" suite is only $199. phillips would be my 2nd choice.
midtown guy
New York Life
New York Life

Post by midtown guy »

The Phillips is pretty inexpensive on weekends -- my wife and I paid $98 there back in March.  It was a very pleasant stay.  I've not stayed at the President, but it seems like a good option...otherwise, you might look at one of the places in Crown Center
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

hotel president all the way. stayed twice now, and had a tour before the opening. NICE AS HELL, and the money is comparable to other botique hotels in the area.

if you are going for quaint, the rooms in the hotel savoy are real mega quaint, real european feel to them.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

KCMax wrote: I'm getting married this fall at Club 1000 at 10th and Broadway.
You mean the reception? or are you actually getting married there?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

For some reason I had thought the Hotel Phillips was in the $200-300 range from their website. I'll have to check it out.

We're having the five minute ceremony and reception both at Club 1000.

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

So what day are we planning that forum wedding crashing outing?  :lol:
Just kidding - best of luck. 
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: So what day are we planning that forum wedding crashing outing?  :lol:
Just kidding - best of luck. 
We'll get him.
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

congrats!  A downtown wedding would be very unique...
brett
Pad site
Pad site

Post by brett »

Awesome.

I'm getting married at The Loretto in the fall. We're staying at The President also.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

skim82 wrote: congrats!  A downtown wedding would be very unique...
I hope so. We wanted it to be memorable. Seems like every country club wedding I go to seems the same. This will be different.

Although it already drew one derisive comment from my dad about needing to avoid the bums on the way to our wedding.  :roll: Course he hasn't been downtown in 20 years.

Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

KCMax wrote: I'm getting married this fall at Club 1000 at 10th and Broadway. We need a room for the night. We've looked at the Hotel Savoy and have an appointment with the President Hotel. Any other suggestions? Which would you recommend? The Phillips Hotel is probably out of our price range.
A big  C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S  to you!

We stayed at the Muehlebach Hotel 25 years ago and invited our friends to join us for a party the next day. (We ran out of things to do.  :)) I thought the historic hotel was gone, but I see that Marriott has taken it over. They have a weekend rate of $118. The hotel was built in 1915 and has both state and federal landmark status.
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

brett wrote: Awesome.

I'm getting married at The Loretto in the fall. We're staying at The President also.
Hey! CONGRATS to you, too!

Here's another of my too-many observations over the years: Men gain about 20 pounds when they get married. Dunno why.
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Roanoker wrote: Here's another of my too-many observations over the years: Men gain about 20 pounds when they get married. Dunno why.
If the lovely ladies we marry know how to cook good vittles, then it's only logical.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

Tosspot wrote: If the lovely ladies we marry know how to cook good vittles, then it's only logical.
True. But more importantly, a new husband will choke down even Debra Baronesque vile-ittles to retain his bride's passionate affection.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Roanoker wrote: True. But more importantly, a new husband will choke down even Debra Baronesque vile-ittles to retain his bride's passionate affection.
i know i certainly do!!

youve been married 25 years?? congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

kcdcchef wrote: i know i certainly do!!

youve been married 25 years?? congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, Chef. The first one lasted only 16 years. I guess practice can make perfect.  :D

I won't tell your wife that her cooking comes in second place. A distant second.  :wink: