BURY THE HATCHET!

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

BURY THE HATCHET!

Post by KCMax »

There really is no need to gloat if you supported the renovations, or act bitter if you were against them. They're here, let's make the best of it. Let's work on solutions on how we can best integrate the TSC with downtown. Let's grow up and look out for the best interest of Kansas City.

Bury the hatchet!
Attachments
hatchet.jpg
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Re: BURY THE HATCHET!

Post by bahua »

It's a nice sentiment, definitely, but it'll be a while before I can respect 53% of the citizens and nonresident voters in this town. It just hurts too much.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

I was surprised by the affirmative vote in east county areas.  With the results of yes and no, no one should gloat.  We are all losers, we are all winners.  One KC, or at least one Jax Co.  Lets get back to hating Enterprise, not one another.
TheNorthlander
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheNorthlander »

Kiss and make up?  Sorry, but Shields isn't all that pretty.

If you roll over after this, you will be doing exactly what Pat Gray and Glorioso want you to do....remain sheep.

KC needs to stop being so damn complacent.  It needs more passion and fire.  Learn from this experience.  It is OK to be pissed off!!!!
"Keep the Status-Quo! Yes on 1, No on 2!" - Jackson County Voters
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Since KC is so wont to waste biblically massive amounts of money, perhaps in five years or so, they'll be willing to pile on the debt for downtown baseball. I doubt it though, and I'm with Northie. I see no reason to happily accept the mistake my county made.
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by ShowME »

Let's work on solutions on how we can best integrate the TSC with downtown.
How the F do you do that??  We may as well work to integrate Village West as well. 
Calling a spade a spade.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

ShowME wrote: How the F do you do that??  We may as well work to integrate Village West as well. 
A friggin huge pedestrian bridge!

mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I'm happy for the supporters that got what they wanted, but I see no reason to act like the renovations are suddenly a good idea. The vote passing does not make the plan a good one, and I think the thousands of people who voted NO have a civic responsibility to hold all the supporters--Barnes, the County officials, etc--fully accountable if (imo, when) in a few years they ask for money again.

I'd also like to see what districts, if any, had suspicious numbers of invalidated votes...wouldn't be the first time.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

mean wrote: I'd also like to see what districts, if any, had suspicious numbers of invalidated votes...wouldn't be the first time.
Where I was an election judge we stuff the ballot box with over 100 yes votes.  Other voting areas were the same.  The judges shared $20 for every yes vote we stuffed.

Oh, almost forgot.  When we counted the ballots after the polls closed we tossed out many no votes and replaced them with yes votes.  With the extra work we got to share $40 for that.

One of the requirements of being an election judge for this election was to be a supporter of the issue.

Add the above to your conspiracy theories.
Last edited by aknowledgeableperson on Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: Where I was an election judge we stuff the ballot box with over 100 yes votes.  One voting areas were the same.  The judges shared $20 for every yes vote we stuffed.

Oh, almost forgot.  When we counted the ballots after the polls closed we tossed out many no votes and replaced them with yes votes.  With the extra work we got to share $40 for that.

One of the requirements of being an election judge for this election was to be a supporter of the issue.
i knew it!!  8)
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

He was only stating suspicion, not certainty. I'm suspicious too. I'd like to see how many invalid votes there were. Wanting to see the results of an easily corruptible system does not equal certainty of corruption.
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Slappy the Wang »

KCMax wrote: There really is no need to gloat if you supported the renovations, or act bitter if you were against them.
I completely agree.

However, "the LOSERS CAN SUCK THE BIG ONE!  You're goin DOWN red knight!  Down Down Down....Red Knight's GOIN DOWN!!!!"
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Slappy the Wang wrote: I completely agree.

However, "the LOSERS CAN SUCK THE BIG ONE!  You're goin DOWN red knight!  Down Down Down....Red Knight's GOIN DOWN!!!!"
Cable Guy is the most underrated movie EVER!!
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Slappy the Wang »

shinatoo wrote: Cable Guy is the most underrated movie EVER!!
I agree.
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

ShowME wrote: How the F do you do that??  We may as well work to integrate Village West as well. 
well.  linwood boulevard does go directly to the stadium...
i mean, the TSC is only a mile east of the old 1940s kcmo city limits.  if we could just fix the KCMO school district, infill housing, commercial nodes at cleveland and van brunt, new regional retail and commercial in leeds (between van brunt and the tSC)

maybe?
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Plus there is a rail line sitting empty just waiting for somone to put light rail on it. Or a dedicated bus lane.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I just think it would be really cool if there were transit between downtown and the TSC with a stop at 18th and Vine. I think 18th and Vine would get a lot more traffic if the NLBM were connected to the ballpark like that.

shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Max line from 18th and Grand to Paseo, south to 31st street out to the old Rock Island line, on the Rock Island with stops at the Stadium, Downtown Raytown and on out to 3rd street in Lee's Summit with a turn around in Downtown Lee's summt.

OK maybe a little much, but at least out to Raytown.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

That'd be a very long route, but I do think there should be a permanent route with stops at the stadiums.
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

nice!  i didn't realize the rock island line was sitting there... if only this city had vision...  ACTUAL investment in linwood boulevard and 31st street between Troost and van brunt/leeds/essentially the TSC?
no WAY!
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton