OFFICIAL: Port Authority Riverfront Project

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KC_Ari
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: OFFICIAL: Port Authority Riverfront Project

Post by KC_Ari »

They did put up a sign board talking about future murals expanding along the wall abutting the train track, I saw the new lights along the west section of trail but have not seen them on yet.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

KC Current fans call for easier access from Columbus Park to Berkley Riverfront

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/yo ... riverfront
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

anything they can do to help bypass the train tracks safely from River Market/Columbus Park area to the Riverfront will only be beneficial. It can really help bring those areas together with better access and the opportunity for development to grow out of Riverfront and up the hill into Columbus Park and for Columbus Park to grow toward the Riverfront. Can help East Bottoms access and development as well.

This, plus other proposed improvements with the street car coming down into the Riverfront gives me hope that they can completely revamp the entire East Loop freeway area. Get rid of jenky ramps, use the weird green spaces for lane improvements, construct better sound barriers, etc.

I'd also like to see some sort of way to remove an on ramp to Southbound I29/35 in NKC around the bridge to help keep traffic flowing better. Also some sort of plan to divert truck traffic out of NKC and East bottoms where they could use it exclusively to get connected to the interstate but away from the downtown area would be great. But I don't really see anything being feasible to do that. Like a dedicated semi truck only toll road or something