Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Power and Light District Official Tenant List

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:26 pm Not Yardhouse but that makes sense considering how well they do.

Anyone else sick of Costentinos breakfast?
A breakfast place would be cool but can't say I've ever slummed to going to cosentinos for breakfast. So many other great options downtown.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

If you’re going to Cosentinos for breakfast when Meshuggah is right there, then you only have yourself to blame
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Cratedigger wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:43 am If you’re going to Cosentinos for breakfast when Meshuggah is right there, then you only have yourself to blame
LOVE Meshuggah!! But if they have non-bagel, non-carb breakfast options then they need to get the word out. There's not even a bagel with egg option.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

kcjak wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:58 am
Cratedigger wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:43 am If you’re going to Cosentinos for breakfast when Meshuggah is right there, then you only have yourself to blame
LOVE Meshuggah!! But if they have non-bagel, non-carb breakfast options then they need to get the word out. There's not even a bagel with egg option.
Yeah exactly. I’m not a bagel person and prefer a hot breakfast.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Snooze (an a.m. eatery)
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

First, Meshuggah is solid. But agree, my only real note is that a bagel place should definitely offer some combination of a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel. Would increase my patronage (when I'm in KC).
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:02 am
Yeah exactly. I’m not a bagel person and prefer a hot breakfast.
Still tons of downtown options not a grocery store
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Tenant announcements today?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

smh wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:26 am Tenant announcements today?
Not sure, was just told this week.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Two new restaurants are headed to KC Power & Light District
Wichita-based Thrive Restaurant Group is opening two restaurant brands: Denver-based fast-casual franchise Modern Market Eatery and HomeGrown, a breakfast and lunch chain Thrive founded in Wichita in 2017.

Thrive introduced the Kansas City market to HomeGrown in 2021, marking the chain’s first foray outside of Wichita. HomeGrown now has eight locations in four states. The Power & Light district spot at 101 E. 13 St. will mark the brand’s fourth area location and is slated to open next year. HomeGrown is taking over a nearly 5,000-square-foot space previously occupied by The Mixx.

Earlier this year, Thrive announced that it picked Prairie Village for its first Modern Market Eatery location, opening later this year at 4046 W. 83rd St. in Corinth Square. Thrive is Modern Market Eatery’s first franchisee and will open its second area location next year at 1347 Main St., a nearly 3,000-square-foot space formerly occupied by Flying Saucer Draught Emporium, one of the district’s original tenants...

"These new tenants mark the beginning of big news to come,” Power & Light District President John Moncke said in a release. “We have several exciting reveals planned for the rest of 2023 that will strengthen the District’s continued evolution.”
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... trict.html
DMNBT_RCJH
Pad site
Pad site

Post by DMNBT_RCJH »

Someone will have to explain to me how the P&L district can support Modern Market Eatery and Protein House. The overlap seems considerable and I have never seen Protein House consistently busy.

I suspect I will patronize the breakfast place multiple times per month--so I am glad to see that.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Very excited about Homegrown
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

That article swaps the street addresses of where Saucer and Mixx were and has the relative sizes of the spaces wrong as well.

Based on the menus of both, I'm guessing that HomeGrown is going where Saucer was and Modern Market will be in the Mixx space.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Cratedigger wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:30 am Very excited about Homegrown
Homegrown is great.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

shinatoo wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:39 am
Cratedigger wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:30 am Very excited about Homegrown
Homegrown is great.
I visited the Liberty location and agreed it was good and has seemed successful so far. Pretty similar vibe to First Watch. Packs people in on the weekends.

I think it will be a good addition to PNL.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Can someone identify which spaces these are going into downtown? Don’t remember the Mixx there
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

swid wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:38 am That article swaps the street addresses of where Saucer and Mixx were and has the relative sizes of the spaces wrong as well.

Based on the menus of both, I'm guessing that HomeGrown is going where Saucer was and Modern Market will be in the Mixx space.
This is what I was told as well.
Last edited by DColeKC on Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

DMNBT_RCJH wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:21 am Someone will have to explain to me how the P&L district can support Modern Market Eatery and Protein House. The overlap seems considerable and I have never seen Protein House consistently busy.

I suspect I will patronize the breakfast place multiple times per month--so I am glad to see that.
Protein House has struggled from day one. I believe they're just riding out the terms and will be out as soon as they can get out.
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:34 am Can someone identify which spaces these are going into downtown? Don’t remember the Mixx there
The Mixx space was just south of the H&R Block tower (in the same building as Protein House, Insomnia Cookies, and the sushi place that closed) and faced the courtyard, and the Saucer was on the southeast corner of 13th and Walnut (below the PBR Big Sky bar).
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Homegrown will be nice for downtown. We are always looking for breakfast places when in town.