DT Condo/Loft Sq Footage over 1500

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: DT Condo/Loft Sq Footage over 1500

Post by moderne »

Hardly scared of hotels or downtown, was standing on subway platforms at 4 in the morning counting rats when you were a child,  but putting guests in one is not true hospitality.  None of my square footage is wasted.  It is full of antiques, books and rare plants for all my friends and guests to enjoy. Living in the city is about space if you want to entertain graciously, downtown  is not about students living in garrets.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Having lots space in the city, by definition, requires more money than most have. There are exceptions, of course, but because the standard of living in the city is higher, so is the cost of living.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

moderne wrote:      Hardly scared of hotels or downtown, was standing on subway platforms at 4 in the morning counting rats when you were a child,  but putting guests in one is not true hospitality.  None of my square footage is wasted.  It is full of antiques, books and rare plants for all my friends and guests to enjoy. Living in the city is about space if you want to entertain graciously, downtown  is not about students living in garrets.
I'm with you. Half of the family/friend visit is sitting around in your jammies in the evenings after activities or early in the AM before the days start. I could never put guests in a hotel unless I had so many there wasnt' room. And that would be a lot.