Misc Crossroads News

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by DaveKCMO » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:40 am

Specifically, I think it's Christ Community Church, which currently uses a smaller storefront next to the old Sundry space on Baltimore.

FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by FangKC » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:45 pm

I wish these congregations would get together to share and maintain existing church buildings -- like Seventh Church of Christ Scientist on the Plaza, so those buildings can maintained and not sold to developers for office towers. Surely they can time their services where three or four congregations can share a building designed for such purposes instead of storefront churches.

beautyfromashes
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by beautyfromashes » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:45 pm

FangKC wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:45 pm
I wish these congregations would get together to share and maintain existing church buildings -- like Seventh Church of Christ Scientist on the Plaza, so those buildings can maintained and not sold to developers for office towers. Surely they can time their services where three or four congregations can share a building designed for such purposes instead of storefront churches.
It doesn’t bother me too much. Every building that they use pushes more demand for similar buildings. I am curious about OfficePort, if they are folding or looking to move to a larger space. It looks like on their website they had a lot of offices open for rent, so likely the former. Glad the space won’t sit empty. I’d guess the other office rental spaces hurt them.