Main Street MAX

Transportation topics in KC
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Main Street MAX

Post by staubio »

Cab driver told me it got shattered by an errant car. Supposedly caused quite a spectacle. It was around 11:30 last Friday night.
Coquette
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Coquette »

dangerboy wrote: It's right there under the "maps and schedules" dropdown at the top of the page.  Also has Wyco bus.  Do you want the ATA to duplicate The JO's maps and schedules on its own web site?  Good luck.  They can't even get the JO to provide that information for a regional trip planner.
I'm sorry, but can you make heads or tails of the JO maps and schedules? I can't even find info for the bus I SEE venture into my neighborhood. There are JO bus stops a mere stone's throw from my house, and I couldn't catch one if my livelihood depended on it.

When I recently visited KU Med Center, I grabbed several paper schedules, but those were mostly KCK, so if necessary, I could likely, after several transfers, find a dope house, but I would be hard pressed to visit a cultural or commercial center of my choice...

I'm whining, but my beef is with the JO, not any person on this board (unless they have influence with them, and they aren't doing anything!  :evil:)
enough
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by enough »

a johnson county transit official said recently that they'd be in google transit by july 1st. 

do we have a separate topic for johnson county transit?  if not we need one.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

enough wrote: do we have a separate topic for johnson county transit?  if not we need one.
Go right ahead.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Coquette wrote: I'm sorry, but can you make heads or tails of the JO maps and schedules? I can't even find info for the bus I SEE venture into my neighborhood. There are JO bus stops a mere stone's throw from my house, and I couldn't catch one if my livelihood depended on it.

When I recently visited KU Med Center, I grabbed several paper schedules, but those were mostly KCK, so if necessary, I could likely, after several transfers, find a dope house, but I would be hard pressed to visit a cultural or commercial center of my choice...

I'm whining, but my beef is with the JO, not any person on this board (unless they have influence with them, and they aren't doing anything!  :evil:)
email or call them.  tell them it's hard to read and what you're after.  you shouldn't have to do this, but tell them it's bad and maybe it will get better.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

not sure if anyone else noticed, but LED displays at stops north of the plaza now say which southbound bus is arriving next: plaza only or plaza/waldo. that way you don't have to know the schedule or be disappointed when the bus comes into view and it's not the one you want.
Gretz
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Gretz »

My wussy PDA won't allow me to download the MAX schedule .pdf. Could someone give me the last northbound MAX times? anything past 12:30am on weekdays would be helpfull. thanks...
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by heatherkay »

Last northbound MAX leaves 74th and Broadway at 12:14 am and arrives at 3rd and Grand at 12:50 am
Gretz
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Gretz »

clutch. thanks.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

google transit?
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

The full web version of Google Maps (with the transit stuff) doesn't, in my experience, play nice with WPA browsers.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

mean wrote: The full web version of Google Maps (with the transit stuff) doesn't, in my experience, play nice with WPA browsers.
It works great on the phone Gretz has.

maps.google.com/transit
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Then Gretz is a punk! Gettim!
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
enough
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by enough »

call me old-fashioned -- or a technophobe, if you want -- but i'd be happy if the ata would publish a quick reference schedule for max.  something with maybe just three time points (3rd & grand, plaza, waldo) that could be printed for 6 or 8 cents each -- rather than the booklet schedule that must cost them close to a buck apiece.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2008/12/dai ... ve_the.php
I've never once seen a MAX bus hold a yellow light, ever, but I've sure seen them stop at a lot of fucking red lights while winding through the ridiculously circuitous downtown route. So that's just another lie that the city is built on, along with the affordability of TIFs and the etymology of "mammy."
LOL.
blackbird
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by blackbird »

enough wrote: a johnson county transit official said recently that they'd be in google transit by july 1st. 
Apparently this has been held up due to the IT person that was heavily involved taking a new job.  As recently as last week, they were in final interviews for a new person, and that is to be one of their first tasks - to complete the work that's already been done to get them in google transit.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Is KC the only city this is not using the sleek, articulated vehicles on BRT Routes?  I’m starting to think we are.

Why can we not purchase at least a few of these buses?
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

GRID wrote: Is KC the only city this is not using the sleek, articulated vehicles on BRT Routes?  I’m starting to think we are.

Why can we not purchase at least a few of these buses?
NO!  These things kill pedestrians and bicyclists.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

dangerboy wrote: NO!  These things kill pedestrians and bicyclists.
Are you being serious?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I thought they gave up the pretenses of that lie a long time ago. I once asked a transportation official about it a year ago and he told me that they could never convince higher ups that the bus should get priority over regular traffic.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag