KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
User avatar
normalthings
Valencia Place
Valencia Place
Posts: 1640
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by normalthings » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:02 pm

KCPowercat wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:10 pm
Commercial MKC flights!
Let’s bring back scheduled MCI-MKC service!

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 7466
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by flyingember » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am

normalthings wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:02 pm
KCPowercat wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:10 pm
Commercial MKC flights!
Let’s bring back scheduled MCI-MKC service!
General Aviation transfers into downtown would be useful for some cases.

User avatar
normalthings
Valencia Place
Valencia Place
Posts: 1640
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by normalthings » Wed May 08, 2019 9:01 pm

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... or-457982/

Lufthansa has put in a bid to repurchase Condor. I'd say a Lufthansa buy out increases our chances of getting a Condor flight.

dev49
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:06 pm

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by dev49 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 pm

normalthings wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:01 pm
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... or-457982/

Lufthansa has put in a bid to repurchase Condor. I'd say a Lufthansa buy out increases our chances of getting a Condor flight.
How does it increase chances? I would think it would hurt chances.

User avatar
normalthings
Valencia Place
Valencia Place
Posts: 1640
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by normalthings » Fri May 10, 2019 11:44 pm

dev49 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 pm
normalthings wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:01 pm
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... or-457982/

Lufthansa has put in a bid to repurchase Condor. I'd say a Lufthansa buy out increases our chances of getting a Condor flight.
How does it increase chances? I would think it would hurt chances.
Condor is about maxed out with their current fleet and have no new frames on order. Lufthansa, if successful, would operate Condor as its own brand within the LH Group(similar to Eurowings). LH ownership could lead to either new frames being ordered or duplicate route reductions - which frees up frames.

User avatar
normalthings
Valencia Place
Valencia Place
Posts: 1640
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by normalthings » Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 pm

Delta will be increasing frequencies to 3 times daily on the Boston route. 6am,11am,6pm

Not sure if this was posted or not before.

User avatar
normalthings
Valencia Place
Valencia Place
Posts: 1640
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by normalthings » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:40 pm

Southwest released their new schedules this week. We had a few service reductions and increases. Nothing overly exciting. What is interesting to me is that this schedule assumes the MAX will be online and yet they still cut some services.

alejandro46
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:24 pm
Location: King in the North(Land)

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by alejandro46 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:49 am

I believe Boeing was targeting August for Max return...

Emirates, a big Max customer, doesn't think it'll be ready until past Christmas at least. I think a lot depends upon if each national/supranational aviation agency has to independently re-cert the plane. Basically they don't trust the FAA to not be completely captured by Boeing or anything. . .

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2 ... mber-video

dev49
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:06 pm

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by dev49 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:40 pm

normalthings wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:40 pm
Southwest released their new schedules this week. We had a few service reductions and increases. Nothing overly exciting. What is interesting to me is that this schedule assumes the MAX will be online and yet they still cut some services.
I noticed an extra weekday flight to STL. One less to MDW and Nashville each from the previous extension. Seems weird but whatever.

I also noticed Allegiant doesn't have Phoenix scheduled for winter this year. That might have already been mentioned though. They ran last year didn't they?

Another sidenote. RDU is still listed on wikipedia for Frontier. Is that service gone? I don't see it on the schedule either.

hartliss
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:05 pm
Location: Brookside

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by hartliss » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:08 pm

dev49 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:40 pm
normalthings wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:40 pm
Southwest released their new schedules this week. We had a few service reductions and increases. Nothing overly exciting. What is interesting to me is that this schedule assumes the MAX will be online and yet they still cut some services.
I noticed an extra weekday flight to STL. One less to MDW and Nashville each from the previous extension. Seems weird but whatever.

I also noticed Allegiant doesn't have Phoenix scheduled for winter this year. That might have already been mentioned though. They ran last year didn't they?

Another sidenote. RDU is still listed on wikipedia for Frontier. Is that service gone? I don't see it on the schedule either.
Yes, F9 discontinued RDU.

User avatar
normalthings
Valencia Place
Valencia Place
Posts: 1640
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by normalthings » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:20 pm

In regards to Icelandair: Flights are back up and running for the 2019 season. The first flight left with just a small handful of seats available. A few sample searches throughout June show about 70s-80s% of available seats have been reserved. That would be a ~90% rate on the 737 Max.

dev49
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:06 pm

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by dev49 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:20 pm

Looks like WN extended the Boston cut from summer thru August due to MAX issues.

User avatar
normalthings
Valencia Place
Valencia Place
Posts: 1640
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by normalthings » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:41 pm

normalthings wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:20 pm
In regards to Icelandair: Flights are back up and running for the 2019 season. The first flight left with just a small handful of seats available. A few sample searches throughout June show about 70s-80s% of available seats have been reserved. That would be a ~90% rate on the 737 Max.
Tampa was cut today. :shock:

brewcrew1000
Penntower
Penntower
Posts: 2459
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:10 am
Location: Broadway/Gilham according to google maps

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by brewcrew1000 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:45 am

The last MD-80 flights on AA out of MCI look to be on 9/3 for any aviation geeks that want to fly it. The last flight MD-80 flight ever is on 9/4 DFW-ORD and already looks sold out

Post Reply