KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
tower
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: KC in TV and Movies

Post by tower » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:39 am

mean wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:34 pm
I don't know for sure, but outside of establishing shots of Kelly's and possibly a few other locales I don't think M&E ever actually did any filming in the city.

Also within the first 40 seconds of the first episode, an unseen tow truck dispatcher advises Eddie of an accident on "35W" which basically turned me off the show forever. What is this, Minneapolis? Dallas? Do ten seconds of "I LOOKED AT A MAP!" research ffs.
I legit feel like TV/movie people are allergic to maps.

AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:18 am

Several years ago, NBC had the made-for-TV movie "Asteroid." An asteroid is headed for Kansas City. It hits the "Freeman Dam", causing water to flow down the mountain and flood downtown Kansas City (downtown Denver shown). There was major damage at "3rd & Olive" and at "24th and Market Street". To help, the government stations people at the "Kansas City Military Base."
beautyfromashes wrote:This thread is now worse than the Downtown Stadium/ Save our Stadiums thread. It makes me want to shoot myself in the head everytime I see it turn red. Congratulations ATKC, you now = kcdcchef.

TheLastGentleman
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheLastGentleman » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:12 pm

AllThingsKC wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:18 am
Several years ago, NBC had the made-for-TV movie "Asteroid." An asteroid is headed for Kansas City. It hits the "Freeman Dam", causing water to flow down the mountain and flood downtown Kansas City (downtown Denver shown). There was major damage at "3rd & Olive" and at "24th and Market Street". To help, the government stations people at the "Kansas City Military Base."
I dont think I've ever been so frustrated and amused at the same time

Elrod
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Elrod » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:34 am

TheLastGentleman wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:12 pm
AllThingsKC wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:18 am
I dont think I've ever been so frustrated and amused at the same time
"The Day After" had more of a clue than this.

So, if we go with the street locations above and assume that they were actually referring to St. Louis instead of Kansas City, "3rd & Olive" is basically the entrance ramp to I-44/I-55 South, right next to the Arch. "24th and Market" is actually Market and Jefferson.

If this was their intent, then I applaud the judicious renovation of the old A.G. Edwards building with an asteroid. :)

But they still need to look at a map. They don't even have the street locations in St. Louis right.

kcjak
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by kcjak » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:51 am

They only used stock video footage of KC throughout, but Asteroid was filmed in Denver. I never understood why they didn't just set the location in Denver - the location really didn't provide any additional context to the plot unless the producers (or whoever) felt more people could relate to a Midwestern city than to Denver.

beautyfromashes
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by beautyfromashes » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:29 pm

Jason Kander on CNNs Jake Tapper round table hour today with several references to KC and his race for mayor. Suggested that they have a whole hour talking just about Kansas City and gave some very good advice about Democrats looking to win races in the Midwest and other red states.

FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by FangKC » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Tonight at 7 pm on CBS.

SAT
SEP 8
7:00PM
Pink Collar Crimes: Clash of the Carriages NEW (Season 1, Episode 7)
KCTVDT3, KCTVDT1209
A friendly rivalry between two women vying for control of a lucrative horse-drawn carriage business on Kansas City's Country Club Plaza becomes increasingly nasty and ultimately descends into a murder-for-hire plot.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/pink-collar-c ... k-peek-2-/