Neil Smith Arena Football

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansa ... st=b_ln_hl
Neil Smith invests in effort for KC arena football

Former Kansas City Chiefs player Neil Smith is a partner in a new company that will try to get an Arena Football League team to play in Kansas City if voters approve Question 1 on Tuesday.

Tyler Prochnow, president of Golden Peak Sports & Entertainment LLC of Kansas City, set up a new company called KC Arena Football Club LLP, Prochnow said Friday. The company wants to raise $20 million to secure a team for Kansas City, he said.

He, Smith and two other investors have stepped forward with money for the effort, he said. He wouldn't say how much money they've raised.

Smith probably will take a management role if Kansas City gets a team, Prochnow said. On Sunday, Smith will start a three-week internship with the Denver Broncos to learn about the business side of arena football, Prochnow said. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen is a co-owner of the Arena League's Colorado Crush.

If Tuesday's measure fails, Prochnow's company will look at other cities for an arena football team, he said.

Question 1 would raise hotel taxes as much as $1.50 a day and rental car taxes as much as $4 a day to help finance the new arena.

"We've talked to the league," Prochnow said. "They're in an expansionary phase."

The league has 19 teams and has said it wants to add two teams in each of the next two seasons.

"We've gone about as far as we can at this point," Prochnow said. "Now it's up to the voters of Kansas City to decide if the arena and arena football is something that they want for the city."

Prochnow worked for Lathrop & Gage LP until about two years ago. He worked for Prairie Capital for about eight months and left to start Golden Peak Sports & Entertainment, he said.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

that might be a very cool tenant for the arena. Good prices for tickets, and probably a lot of fun for for families. Has anyone been to an arena football game before?
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

I have, it kind of reminds me of indoor soccer with all the hype and noise. It is fun, but for me its the type of fun that wears off real fast. It's kind of like the blue field in Boise- fun to look at for a few minutes, but then you get bored.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I hope Neil Smith is just a spokesman. The thought of him running a business is a bit scary. A three week internship?

The AFL may not attract PHXcat, or myself, but it is very popular. In 2004, the league averaged 12,000 a game. Denver draws as many as 17,000 a game.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag