ORoyals suck'n just as bad as the parent club

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by eomaha.com »

... but leave it to seating to support the College World Series and the World Herald fireworks show produced by Grucci of New York (the largest annual show west of the Mississippi)... to set a franchise and minor league baseball single game attendance record for the year of 24,989 (another 100,000 jam the surrounding neighborhoods outside the stadium to watch the fireworks). Fireworks by Grucci is world reknowned... among other things, having produced the fireworks shows for the past six presidential inaugurations. The Omaha show is one of only -6- 'world class' shows which Grucci has scheduled in 2004 throughout the world... it draws people from all over.

A gorgeous night for baseball... but saw the Royals fall after -14- hard fought innings to the division leading Iowa Cubs.

And some fireworks... (quality limited by my 'knee tripod')...

DTO
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by DTO »

I heard it was more like 200,000+. If Omaha built a 150,000 seat fireworks stadium I guarantee it would be filled every weekend. People here appreciate fireworks since we have to smuggle tham int to Nebraska like it was Columbian heroine.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Very nice pictures, eomaha! :P
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by eomaha.com »

Thanks Que!
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Is this an annual event? If so, I think I’ll plan a trip to Omaha next July 4th. I’m dead serious. Great photos!
eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by eomaha.com »

An annual event... in it's 20th year GRID.

And if you KC folks like airshows... you might want to consider the Offutt (Airbase) show... which is the largest joint services show (Army, Navy, AF) in the midwest... hosted at the headquarters of the Strategic Command in Bellevue. Oh... and best of all... it's FREE.
DTO
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by DTO »

GRID wrote:Is this an annual event? If so, I think I’ll plan a trip to Omaha next July 4th. I’m dead serious. Great photos!

You should. I met a couple of differant people from KC who went to Rosenblatt for fireworks. One guy and his family stayed in a hotel to see the show and to just visit Omaha. It's nice to see Missourri plates coming up I-29. Does KC do a big fireworks show?
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KC does tons a "decent" shows all over town and they are fine for what they are. But Downtown or KCMO has never put on a world class show that is any better than the suburbs do. Most suburbs and private shows like after sporting events and worlds of fun out do anything in KCMO like last year's City Market show. As a matter of fact I have not seen a major "big city" fireworks show in KC yet and I have seen a lot of KC area shows, probably hundreds (I love fireworks).

Just like most people in KC don't know what a real city is suppposed to be like with a thiving downtown with downtown stadiums and downtown traffic, they don't know what a real fireworks show is like either.

I have seen awesome fireworks shows that draw over a million viewers in Denver, St Loius, Louisville, New Orleans etc which are 45 minutes of one of our "finales" and then a finale that simply gives you goosebumps. I saw one in Denver last year that leaves you just speachless and wondering how much that had to cost.

I think I will try Omaha next year.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

I was quite impressed with what I saw in Atchison, KS...almost 40 minutes of fireworks!

In KC, they usually have 20 minute shows in Downtown (KC), in Corporate Woods (Overland Park), in Shawnee Mission Park (Lenexa), in Olathe, at World's of Fun (KC), at the Sports Complex (KC), etc. They need one big spectacular show for KC that beats the rest in the burbs!

Let's have a huge fireworks show on August 3rd after voters approve the Sprint Center!
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by eomaha.com »

Another good one may prove to be the sesquicentennial celebration (150th 'birthday' for Omaha) display coming up on July 17th... on the riverfront. The mayor has said that this will be the BIGGEST fireworks show ever held in Omaha.

The city of Ralston has an impressive Independence Day display every year as well.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

The Parkville display was great this year and the past two years.
DTO
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by DTO »

eomaha.com wrote:Another good one may prove to be the sesquicentennial celebration (150th 'birthday' for Omaha) display coming up on July 17th... on the riverfront. The mayor has said that this will be the BIGGEST fireworks show ever held in Omaha.

The city of Ralston has an impressive Independence Day display every year as well.
Of cours this is Mayor Goddwill, half price store Fahey. I think the best ones I ever saw were the Millenium Fireworks DT. where we were standing the fireworks sound would go out and hit off of the buildings DT and come back making it twice as loud. I was screaming right into my brothers ear and he couldn't hear me.