Don Pepe

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Don Pepe

Post by dangerboy »

Don Pepe is back at the new Don Pepe's Spanish Restaurant on the Boulevard, formerly Carmen's, foremerly Cafe Barcelona.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Re: Don Pepe

Post by QueSi2Opie »

dangerboy wrote:Don Pepe is back at the new Don Pepe's Spanish Restaurant on the Boulevard, formerly Carmen's, foremerly Cafe Barcelona.
I liked the name Cafe Barcelona the best. Haven't eaten there since it became Carmen's. I jus' wish they had some shit on the walls from Barcelona's professional futbol club.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Don Pepe

Post by chrizow »

off topic, but...

speaking of "futbol," is there a way to pay for european premier soccer on TV in KC? like a satellite or Mediacom service?

if not, i suggest someone get on that immediately. i've been in bars in other cities that always had UK or German soccer on, but wondered how one could go about getting it at home?

on topic, i'll have to try Don Pepe's. it's tough, b/c my parents always just want to go to Habanero's in LS for mexican (which admittedly is the best i've had in the KC area), but i'd like to try some more SW Blvd-type places. yum.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Don Pepe

Post by QueSi2Opie »

chrizow wrote:off topic, but...

speaking of "futbol," is there a way to pay for european premier soccer on TV in KC? like a satellite or Mediacom service?

if not, i suggest someone get on that immediately. i've been in bars in other cities that always had UK or German soccer on, but wondered how one could go about getting it at home?
I'm sure there is because Harling's Upstairs use to show live Premiership games. I'm a cheap bastard, so I jus' watch Fox Sports World. Wish they would air Telemundo in KC!!!
chrizow wrote:on topic, i'll have to try Don Pepe's. it's tough, b/c my parents always just want to go to Habanero's in LS for mexican (which admittedly is the best i've had in the KC area), but i'd like to try some more SW Blvd-type places. yum.
You jus' pissed off the Spaniards of the world! They absolutely hate to be compared to Mexicans! Spanish food is completely different from Mexican food. Try it, you'll love it! The Tapas, the Paella, etc. Go to La Bodega's on SW Blvd, they have awesome food...and order some Estrella Galicia, one of the best beers in Southern Europe.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Don Pepe

Post by staubio »

...to piggy back, La Bodega has a killer happy hour. Half price tapas, wells, wonderful sangria and draws. Great way to take in some awesome Spanish food.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Don Pepe

Post by chrizow »

haha, i just realized Don Pepe's is spanish. my bad!!!

i love spanish food.

mmmmm, paella...
m.toast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Don Pepe

Post by m.toast »

If you need Telemundo, I advise you to start hanging out at the taquerias on Independence Ave on the weekends. They all have it, and they're mostly showing soccer.

I've been known to pop in for barbacoa tacos and lucha libre of a Saturday afternoon. Mmm. Lucha! Lucha!
Waldo representin'