Ugly, Ugly Situation involving negro leagues museum

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
kansasfarmboy

Post by kansasfarmboy »

Posted on Sat, May. 15, 2004

File photo
Tape recordings of Kansas City Monarchs pitcher Satchel Paige and other Negro Leagues stars are at the center of a lawsuit.

R E L A T E D L I N K S
• Negro Leagues Baseball Museum

Baseball museum sued over missing recordings

By DAN MARGOLIES

The Kansas City Star

The Negro Leagues Baseball Museum says it has no record of them.

Its lawyers say the museum's curator has searched “high and lowâ€
LyRiCaL GanGsTa

Post by LyRiCaL GanGsTa »

This post doesn't belong in this Forum, get a clue Kansass farmer and post in the right forum.

Nepotism and gross mis-management is the norm at this place and the jazz Museum.
kansasfarmboy

Post by kansasfarmboy »

LyRiCaL GanGsTa wrote:This post doesn't belong in this Forum, get a clue Kansass farmer and post in the right forum.

Nepotism and gross mis-management is the norm at this place and the jazz Museum.

Again this is downtown according to the rules... but be that as it may ,,, do you have to act like such a tool ? Im trying to show some facts, some very treasured items are missing and likely never to be seen again , there is no insurance high enough to cover that ... they were originals ...

Oh to HELL with it ...
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Here's a thought

Post by macnw »

How about posting something that has a positive slant to it. I am reminded of the evening news when you post, most of your posts are negative. Try a change of pace once in a while, even the news tries to put an occassional positive spin on things. Something really bad must have happened to you as a kid, probably when you lived in KC. If you reply to this, try to do so in a non-negative manner, your negativity is bringing me down man.
kansasfarmboy

Re: Here's a thought

Post by kansasfarmboy »

macnw wrote:How about posting something that has a positive slant to it. I am reminded of the evening news when you post, most of your posts are negative. Try a change of pace once in a while, even the news tries to put an occassional positive spin on things. Something really bad must have happened to you as a kid, probably when you lived in KC. If you reply to this, try to do so in a non-negative manner, your negativity is bringing me down man.

Im sorry the news is negative , I didnt make it ...

if you want to hear some positive stuff about , downtown, I helped a buddy of mine move from lees summit saturday to the lofty bedrooms, i believe they call it a studio, there is no bedroom at 8th and charolotte. we got started in the late afternoon he didnt have much , and when we cracked open a cold one around 9pm I must say it was quite quiet even for a saturday night down there , no gunshots minimal sirense, not even much traffic. I parked my truck , that we used to move his stuff in , in the lot (with the club of course) and pulled the coil wire, But it wasnt neccesary i didnt see 10 people walking around from 9pm till 11 when i came back north ....

Im not sure of the name of these studios, apts they are very nice he said they only cost 499 a month , so thats a pretty good bargain , and the area was cleaner than I thought ,,, no bums peeing , did I see, and I smelled that folgers coffee
LyRiCaL GanGsTa

Post by LyRiCaL GanGsTa »

Kansass farm guy or whatever you are.. What are you talking about? 18th & Vine is NOT downtown by ANYONE'S definition, NO ONES DEFINITION. 22nd & Brooklyn ( see your other stupid post in the Downtown Forum regarding the old stadium) is not downtown either, so why are you saying that? What "rules" are you talking about? If you are reffering to the Forum heading... you need to read it. Even the most gratuitous definitions of downtown don't strecth to 22nd & Brooklyn. Perhaps it's because bumpkins like you have no clue and figure if it's south of the river or if 'black' people live there it must be 'downtown'?

You never say anything positive about KC and most of the things you say about life in general are moronic.
kansasfarmboy

Post by kansasfarmboy »

LyRiCaL GanGsTa wrote:Kansass farm guy or whatever you are.. What are you talking about? 18th & Vine is NOT downtown by ANYONE'S definition, NO ONES DEFINITION. 22nd & Brooklyn ( see your other stupid post in the Downtown Forum regarding the old stadium) is not downtown either, so why are you saying that? What "rules" are you talking about? If you are reffering to the Forum heading... you need to read it. Even the most gratuitous definitions of downtown don't strecth to 22nd & Brooklyn. Perhaps it's because bumpkins like you have no clue and figure if it's south of the river or if 'black' people live there it must be 'downtown'?

You never say anything positive about KC and most of the things you say about life in general are moronic.

Well ONLY because you said so!! that will make me believe it ..

BTW where are the royals in the Baseball standings RIGHT NOW? They have garnered a very , very special award ...

THAT ABSOLUTE WORST TEAM IN ALL OF BASEBALL.... I seen on your web sight your quite a royals lover and I just wanted to inquire as to their current position in the standings.