Memorial stadium

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
kansasfarmboy

Memorial stadium

Post by kansasfarmboy »

22nd and brooklyn down town.

Has anyone been there ? as a kid 35years ago , they had baseball there but they ALSO had sprint car racing there

I seen this evening on the news that the lot is still vacant however they have erected a plaquethere showing some pictures there.

and it dawned on me WHY NOT build a ball stadium there ? Im sure the city owns the lot... looks pretty big still..

then again i havent been there in 35 years
Last edited by kansasfarmboy on Sun May 16, 2004 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Memorial stadium

Post by trailerkid »

I thought this would've been a good idea too because of its proximity to 18th and Vine. But I would rather go into central downtown and go with more density. I wish they would've just built Royals Stadium on the site of the old stadium, but too late for that.

Here's a thread dedicated to Memorial Stadium memorials...
http://www.kcskyscrapers.com/kcforum/vi ... php?t=2270
kansasfarmboy

Memorial stadium

Post by kansasfarmboy »

trailerkid wrote:I thought this would've been a good idea too because of its proximity to 18th and Vine. But I would rather go into central downtown and go with more density. I wish they would've just built Royals Stadium on the site of the old stadium, but too late for that.

Here's a thread dedicated to Memorial Stadium memorials...
http://www.kcskyscrapers.com/kcforum/vi ... php?t=2270

thanks ,, ill check it out ... My grandfather has some pictures when they were running wing sprint cars, out there im gonna go see if he will loan them to me this week. I recall the huge wooden bleachers , and how the place sat vacant for a few years till they tore it down.

Speaking of older nostalgic places does anyone remember Fairy land park that was way out on prospect ? that was before my time but I did see it before they tore it down to bad they didnt save any of those kinds of things , its kind of east coastish like coney island ... and for that matter winwood beach , i remember the same kind of wood structures there....

I know most will say that its trashy looking but ive been to coney island and atlantic city they are very nice and upkept best part they have remained the same for more than 60 years, I know these places are all over the nation its just that I have only seen the ones I mentioned, and briefly in san diego california there is some kind of navy pier thats the same way
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Memorial stadium

Post by SonicBoi »

I used to go to Lincoln on the other part of the same block.
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
LyRiCaL GanGsTa

Memorial stadium

Post by LyRiCaL GanGsTa »

22nd & Brooklyn is NOT downtown...
One of the reasons they moved the stadiums to the suburbs was the MASSIVE PARKING problem... nowhere to park... people drove up in neighbors yards it was so bad. This is a non-dense residential neighborhood with 2 story single family homes.

It would have been even more dumb than Kemper in the West Bottoms to put a new stadium here.

This Post needs to be moved to Urban Core and doesn't belong downtown.
kansasfarmboy

Memorial stadium

Post by kansasfarmboy »

LyRiCaL GanGsTa wrote:22nd & Brooklyn is NOT downtown...
One of the reasons they moved the stadiums to the suburbs was the MASSIVE PARKING problem... nowhere to park... people drove up in neighbors yards it was so bad. This is a non-dense residential neighborhood with 2 story single family homes.

It would have been even more dumb than Kemper in the West Bottoms to put a new stadium here.

This Post needs to be moved to Urban Core and doesn't belong downtown.

Oh Geesh lighten up , im just trying how to keep so many people getting from being KILLED in and around there with some kind of development more than low income housing .... fight after fight night after night down there
LyRiCaL GanGsTa

Memorial stadium

Post by LyRiCaL GanGsTa »

You really are a complete idiot and your nickname is perfect. I suggest you get a big KU bumper sticker for your ride and then your stupidity will be invincible.
kansasfarmboy

Memorial stadium

Post by kansasfarmboy »

LyRiCaL GanGsTa wrote:You really are a complete idiot and your nickname is perfect. I suggest you get a big KU bumper sticker for your ride and then your stupidity will be invincible.

Ok... But only because you say so ... otherwise , I would continue to just NOT have the bumper sticker .... Since your the "DUDE" Ill only listen to the statements you make.

Perhaps you might find it safe to go pitch a tent on that lot at 22nd street and see how long it takes for you to be MURDERED. I think it will be about 30 seconds