Restaurant gossip

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Restaurant gossip

Post by nota »

....I heard over the weekend that Zona Rosa is getting a Cheesecake Factory and The Tuileries is getting a PFChangs.

Anyone know anything?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Restaurant gossip

Post by KCPowercat »

I could see another PF changs...a 3rd C.F. in KC might be a stretch but who knows...anything is possible since the northland is a very untapped market in my opinion.

Who is doing the tulleries?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Restaurant gossip

Post by nota »

KCPowercat wrote:I could see another PF changs...a 3rd C.F. in KC might be a stretch but who knows...anything is possible since the northland is a very untapped market in my opinion.

Who is doing the tulleries?
Northland Management and Investment

The website says they will open in August 2004. The place is still in the site development stages.

I would love to have a Copelands there rather than CF.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Restaurant gossip

Post by trailerkid »

I don't think Zona Rosa has the clout (yet) to have a Cheesecake Factory, but they did build that one on the side of the road in Jo Co. KC was one of the first markets they entered and succeeded in so it woudln't be that surprising to see 3 of 'em here. I would be pretty surprised if they came to Zona Rosa now...maybe in a year or so I could see it.

I thought Tuilleries was more of an upscale neighborhood center rather than a real shopping area. I couldn't see Chang's going into any shopping area that is just like a neighborhood center-- it seem like they would need more visibility. But I know they do put multiple locations in cities.
KC_Fan
Strip mall
Strip mall

Restaurant gossip

Post by KC_Fan »

trailerkid wrote:I don't think Zona Rosa has the clout (yet) to have a Cheesecake Factory...
The developer for Zona Rosa, also developed Easton Center in Columbus, Ohio. I've visited Easton many times and have friends/family that live there (it's a mixed-use development).

I won't be surprised at all to see a Cheesecake Factory in Zona Rosa due to the fact that nearly all of the retailers at Easton are already signed-on at Zona Rosa. One of the few exceptions is a Virgin Mega-Store - that would be awesome if we got one of those :wink:
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Restaurant gossip

Post by trailerkid »

Looking at the plan for Zona Rosa, CF may indeed be on the way.

I believe that Steiner may be trying to get them to come in on that vacant patch of land next to Dick's, B&N, and across from Tomfooleries. My reasons for coming to this conclusion are...
1. That entire chunk of land is marked yellow-- the color reserved for other restaurants in their site plan.
2. On a more recent site plan, the future building has a very unique shape with some narrow parts sticking out and a apparent courtyard area facing the street.
3. The prominent location has nothing built on it although it sits in the middle of Phase I-- seems to be waiting for some sort of anchor restaurant.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Restaurant gossip

Post by chrizow »

they should bring in another large semi-unique chain restaurant up there, since everything at ZR can be found elsewhere. do SOMETHING different people!!!
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Restaurant gossip

Post by trailerkid »

^^ This is the land I am talking about....straight ahead.

If Cheesecake Factory does go in at Zona...it's time for the Plaza to issue an eviction notice. I would be willing to bet the Plaza has them wrangled in a exclusivity agreement anyway.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Restaurant gossip

Post by chrizow »

based on Highwoods' history with scoring lame tenants, they probably got suckered into not putting an exclusivity agreement in there.

heheh. remember when the only barnes and noble in town used to be the plaza one???? heady days, my friend.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Restaurant gossip

Post by dangerboy »

Does the Plaza even do the exclusivity agreements anymore? I kinda thought that Highwoods dropped that after they bought JC Nichols.

A nice Bo-Lings flagship would be cool at Zona. It's one of the local chains that still isn't represented in the Northland. Or Hanna Bistro.