Downtown Indy is scrubbed CLEAN!

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Ok, I posted a brief recap of my trip to Indianaopolis in the city trips section, but I want to bring this up here: how the hell does Indy manage to keep their downtown so damn clean? I didn't see any trash, any spray tags, maybe two bums. It's all just well-lit and clean. I mean we just pulled into the downtown of a foreign city at midnight and randomly parked and began walking...and felt nothing but safe and confident the entire time.
I don't know how they managed it, and although much of their DT is new and lacks much of the character and charm of KC, I couldn't help but think of how effective it is to keep your city clean and well lit. If KC made a real effort to be as clean and well-lit, with nice descriptive signs denoting key locations, outsiders would be more encouraged to hit the streets, I think.
Anyway I don't know how they did it...but it can't be all THAT difficult. DT Indy looks like someone cares about it... :|
are we spinning free?
kcmajik
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kcmajik »

yeah i agree downtown indy is VERY nice....the indiana government center they built about 6 or 7 years ago downtown is very impressive. they also just have a nice little shopping area - i believe they have their nordstrom downtown as well. they have the target center there too don't they? well it's a very nice downtown and nice roads too.