RUMOR: World's tallest proposed in KC?

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

OK, I'm not buying this IN THE LEAST but even if this is thought about, where the hell would it go?

Even if it got legs and started to get finanicial support, NIMBY's would come from COLUMBIA to knock this thing down.

Fun to talk about though
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

well, if that guy is right, he said NIMBYS wont be a problem...
He will REALLY get his butt wupped if he is lying. and the guy on that site will not have a job anymore.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

I can't believe this is growing on me... I MUST RESIST!

But look at the stats if it is true:
"The rest of the building would house a 2.5-million-sf convention center"
"20 million visitors already attracted annually by Kansas City, NSL estimates Grand Americana Resort will see a minimum of 60 million visits annually"
"generating an economic impact of more than $3 billion and employing some 25,000 people"

But I doubt it is true...
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

Anyone willing to email them and see about this "concept plan"?
Here is something the guy said at SSC:
haha.. Entrophy.. internet search is all you rely on, isn't it? But if you would have read my first message you would have figured out that we did not officially announce this project as of yet. The press announcement is due for May 3, 2004.

The total cost of the project is not to be discussed here. I do not have permission to discuss such issues.

Anyone who is interested in receiving our 50-page volume Concept Plan is welcome to send us an email at info@nlsh.net

Rread the darn message before you jump off your chair, will you? ;-)

We also stated in the message that we recently decided to set up in Kansas City. The website is due for update mid May.
Downtowner
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Downtowner »

I have received three emails from friends around the country in the last hour so the news is evidently out there. The gist of their emails is "what the hell is going on?" More details to be released on Monday? The guy might be trying to replicate the Mall of America success but his concepts are so wild that they may undermine his idea.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

And he said they will release it to the press on May 3rd, until then we just have to wait.
If this is true, I hope city hall wises up and doesn't abandon efforts to revive downtown.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

I thought it was bizzare when Burj Dubai and the whole Dubai redevelopment was proposed:
(its not all one project, except Burj Dubai) http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index ... 9&hl=dubai
http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.ph ... evelopment
http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=101420
http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=101181
http://skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=377

Hey, if they do build this, our tower will be 623ft taller. Of course, this probably isn't true.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

this project is doable, and it is feasible. Kansas City would be a good location for this. It would be great if the developers are sincere, and this project is at least on the radar. We'll know on monday if this is true or a scam. No reason to get freaked out till then.

Devin, deep breathes! be calm! don't spend too much time obsessing on this. :wink: Easier said than done, I know i'll be fantasizing about this happening myself!!
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

lol, i'm not making a big deal of it, i know if i get excited and it ends up being false i will be VERY VERY angry.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

not making a big deal of it? Devin, come on! If this ends up being legit, I think your head will simply explode! We'll hear your shrieks of delight all over the metro!

Of course we'll all be dancing for joy, so you won't be alone.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

wouldn't you all just sh**t if this was true and was in Joco?
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

"$3B-Plus Development for Missouri Proposed"
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

Im not making a big deal right now, I will if it is true.
Hehe tat, that is funny. But both sources say in KCMO and only reference to Missouri side attractions so... (amazing, no mention of OP or KCK or the speedway)
JerseyGuy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by JerseyGuy »

tat2kc wrote:wouldn't you all just sh**t if this was true and was in Joco?
That would suck.

You know KC is a great place for an attraction like this. It's such a short trip from most U.S. cities.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

Oh crap, what could tornadoes do to this? Of course tornadoes haven't ever hit real urban areas. In fact, I remember last year when the clouds broke up right as they hit the urban core, then they reacumulated east of Independence
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

KCDevin wrote:Oh crap, what could tornadoes do to this? Of course tornadoes haven't ever hit real urban areas. In fact, I remember last year when the clouds broke up right as they hit the urban core, then they reacumulated east of Independence

That's a myth, actually. It's happened a few times. There was some terrific video a few years ago of a tornado in downtown Miami. Downtown Salt Lake City was it more recently.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

KCDevin wrote:Oh crap, what could tornadoes do to this? Of course tornadoes haven't ever hit real urban areas. In fact, I remember last year when the clouds broke up right as they hit the urban core, then they reacumulated east of Independence

That's a myth, actually. It's happened a few times. There was some terrific video a few years ago of a tornado in downtown Miami. Downtown Salt Lake City was it more recently.
KCforumer

Post by KCforumer »

The fact that this guy posted at SkyscraperCity makes me think this is total BS: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=102486
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

He also posted at other websites he said. But look at the information he posts.
KCforumer

Post by KCforumer »

He's jus' a clown from the various forums.