Downtown Homes Tour - May 1st & 2nd

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Downtown Homes Tour - May 1st & 2nd

Post by KCLofts »

We went to Conover Place, Soda Lofts, 515 Campbell, The View, Metropolitan, 408 Admiral, Library Lofts, 21 Ten, 306 W 7th, Summit at 16th, 1819, Western Auto and Gillham Row.

We got started first thing Saturday morning and there were no crowds at all. We drove around, but saw many empty buses cruising the streets. It seems like the threat of rain and cold weather kept many people from attending. I would guess the numbers will be lower than last year.

I think I was most impressed with some of the rental units that I saw. The Soda Lofts are under construction in Columbus Park. Only 7 units, but each is unique and has huge ceilings and windows. All lofts have 2 levels and some have 3. Its really going to be great when finished. I also thought the Library Lofts were pretty nice. The amenities for the building are great.

Most of the for sale stuff were things that have been under construction for a while, so there weren't too many new surprises. The View could turn out to be really good. There is a nice range of floor plans and sizes. The north end units will have views from 3 directions. The only downer about this project is the 8' ceiling height.

The exterior of Western Auto is really coming together nicely. The dark wood window frames and doors and the copper cladding on the first floor looks awesome.

I was disappointed with the Metropolitan. The common areas will be a huge bonus for this project (the gym is already in place), but man are the units small. The furnished studio was almost claustrophobic. It was nicely appointed though.

Interesting that Riverbend and the Historic Suites Hotel are being converted to condos. I do think that this will help add some more affordable units to the downtown housing market.