Another 135th Street project: Leawood Market Center

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

The newest entry into the very crowded retail/restaurant 135th Street demolition derby is 100,000 sq. foot Leawood Market Center. The center at, 135th and Kenneth Road promises to be "upscale" and draw similar tenants as Hawthorne Plaza and Town Center Plaza.

When Jo Co is done building out 135th Street...it will make 119th look like a scenic natural reserve.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 479437.htm
UMKCgal
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by UMKCgal »

Dayam!!!! How much more can 135th St. take? 119th isn't even fully developed yet, it would make much more sense to build up every inch of land there then move on to 135th. Yeah I know...its sprawl! But your right trailerkid, its going to start looking like a natural reserve when they finish everything on 135th.
GuyInLenexa
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by GuyInLenexa »

UMKCgal wrote:Dayam!!!! How much more can 135th St. take? 119th isn't even fully developed yet, it would make much more sense to build up every inch of land there then move on to 135th. Yeah I know...its sprawl! But your right trailerkid, its going to start looking like a natural reserve when they finish everything on 135th.
They are already starting and completed stuff on 151st and I am certain that plans are being made for 175th.

Sadly, it's a never ending story, unbridled sprawl.