Rosedale BBQ

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Rosedale BBQ

Post by StL_Dan »

To begin, you should know that I have a cold today. The kind of cold that won't allow one to breath through their nose. Thus, my brain is unable to effectively tell my taste buds what they are tasting for the most part.

Having said that, I will tell you that a basic order of beef on bread with fries and a can of RC Cola was set before me for my lunching pleasure.

I chose the corner seat at the south end of the bar for a couple of reasons:

a. the place was full
b. i was flying solo
c. i wanted to hear what everyone ordered as they approached the counter and observe what their orders looked like as they were filled

My sammich was really good. The meat was smoked, was 'fall of the bone' tender, coservatively sauced, piled fairly high on white bread and wrapped neatly in a foilesque wrapper - even for dine in. It was prepared a few minutes earlier in anticipation of my order....same for the fries which were the 'ridgey' cut version. Very good...a bit overcooked.

The bbq sauce, which also seemed to have a smokey taste, was thinner than most....in fact, the taste reminded a lot of St Louis made Maull's sweet n smoky variety. It was a shade runnier than Maull's, but good.

The atmosphere was somewhat uninteresting considering a sign behind the bar indicated Rosedale BBQ has been in business since 1934.

I guess they let their bbq do the talking.

Total tab: $5.75...not bad.

On a scale of 1 star to 4 - 4 being the best:

I give it a 2 1/2.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Re: Rosedale BBQ

Post by QueSi2Opie »

StL_Dan wrote:To begin, you should know that I have a cold today. The kind of cold that won't allow one to breath through their nose. Thus, my brain is unable to effectively tell my taste buds what they are tasting for the most part.

Having said that, I will tell you that a basic order of beef on bread with fries and a can of RC Cola was set before me for my lunching pleasure.

I chose the corner seat at the south end of the bar for a couple of reasons:

a. the place was full
b. i was flying solo
c. i wanted to hear what everyone ordered as they approached the counter and observe what their orders looked like as they were filled

My sammich was really good. The meat was smoked, was 'fall of the bone' tender, coservatively sauced, piled fairly high on white bread and wrapped neatly in a foilesque wrapper - even for dine in. It was prepared a few minutes earlier in anticipation of my order....same for the fries which were the 'ridgey' cut version. Very good...a bit overcooked.

The bbq sauce, which also seemed to have a smokey taste, was thinner than most....in fact, the taste reminded a lot of St Louis made Maull's sweet n smoky variety. It was a shade runnier than Maull's, but good.

The atmosphere was somewhat uninteresting considering a sign behind the bar indicated Rosedale BBQ has been in business since 1934.

I guess they let their bbq do the talking.

Total tab: $5.75...not bad.

On a scale of 1 star to 4 - 4 being the best:

I give it a 2 1/2.
Rosedale BBQ is known for having the Best Ribs. Should've gotten the ribs, Dan! That place is my father's favorite along with Oklahoma Joe's.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Rosedale BBQ

Post by KCK »

I forgot to reply earlier. Anyway, I never really like the sauce that Rosedale BBQ has, but their meat is indeed very tender, and I concur with the score of 2.5.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

QueSi2Opie wrote:Rosedale BBQ is known for having the Best Ribs. Should've gotten the ribs, Dan! That place is my father's favorite along with Oklahoma Joe's.
I always start with the basics unless someone gives me a recommendation.

Next time, I'll order the ribs.

Question about the ribs....should I order the short or long end platter?
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by QueSi2Opie »

StL_Dan wrote:Question about the ribs....should I order the short or long end platter?
Either, or. Very tender, meat falls right off!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Thanks for the tip.

Another question. I didn't notice 'burnt ends' on the menu? Did I overlook them? Or, are they not available?
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by QueSi2Opie »

StL_Dan wrote:Thanks for the tip.

Another question. I didn't notice 'burnt ends' on the menu? Did I overlook them? Or, are they not available?
Dunno...never ordered them there.