Aqua

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Aqua

Post by DiggityDawg »

Anyone know what's going on there? I noticed the other day the front windows were papered up, & now they're painting the exterior of the building. Maybe they're just remodeling.

I've never been there ( used to go there when it was Pyramid's Cafe, though ) but I know it was pretty popular. And it's just around the corner from Chez Dawg so I'm curious.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Aqua

Post by KCPowercat »

it's opening as something else.....I forgot the name but they are advertising it in the pitch.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aqua

Post by chrizow »

i kind of liked Aqua, actually.

sometimes they had good DJ's, and they certainly attracted a lot of attractive coked-out females, which is both sad and easy on the eyes. (BONUS: i actually saw a woman there with a "Cruel Intentions" necklace, which is essentially a gold chain with a vial pendant full of cocaine that the wearer can casually snort when necessary).

but for the most part, Aqua was a bunch of muscle-bound jocks in shiny shirts, just fresh from the tanning salon. they'd stand around doing the White Boy Dance while the coked-out chicks did the Handbag Dance.

it was awesome. it may have had kind of a lame crowd, but it was nice and intimate and had good drinks. it was a cool place to drink with friends. i can't imagine "playing the singles game" there. but overall i thought it was a decent addition to the KC nightlife lineup.

any ideas on what's going in there?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Aqua

Post by KCPowercat »

Copa Room is the name of it....that's all I know
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Aqua

Post by bahua »

I liked the atmosphere and the music, but greatly disliked the fact that they had nothing on tap.
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Aqua

Post by DiggityDawg »

I know they put a lot of effort into the look of the place when it switched from Pyramids to Aqua...shame it didn't last, even if it was a little lame, scene-wise.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna flip thru the Pitch & see if I can find that ad.