Why is Legends Taking So Long?!?!?

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by ShowME »

I'm not too negative about the development but I wish for all the press the development has gotten it would include some examples of people who currently live and shop in Johnson County and now live or shop in Wyandotte County. Instead they produce like the KCStar did today a story about a Missouri couple who used to live in the Northland who now purchased a new house in Wyandotte County. The story is really a stretch especially when it focused on the reason the couple moved to Wyco was the inexpensive house. Northland housing is almost as cheap plus there's more to do than NFM, Sonic and Applebee's.
Calling a spade a spade.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

ShowMe...agreed that there has been way too much press about West Wy Co being the development star of the metro. That's a complete joke by now. Neverless, Village West has produced benefits for a county that was bleeding profusely before it was proposed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Wy Co needs to drop RED and bring someone else in with more expertise in destination retail.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

trailerkid wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. Wy Co needs to drop RED and bring someone else in with more expertise in destination retail.
EXACTLY.

These guys are behind the curve. Barry Road is the perfect example. They do Barry Woods as classic strip mall and Shoppes at Boardwalk in a Lowe's parking lot, while Steiner shows them would have been and what should be at Legends.

It's scary to see RED signs popping up in more places around the region like St. Joe and Blue Ridge Mall. And the irony is that they build all of this suburban "lifestyle" crap from an HQ on the Plaza.