CityScene

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

CityScene

Post by Highlander »

Very sorry to see on Facebook over the weekend that CityScene is shutting down at the end of the year. CityScene was a pretty reliable source of unbiased development news. Collison's contribution will be missed.
LCDSI
New York Life
New York Life

Re: CityScene

Post by LCDSI »

i second that. cityscene was a great source but Kevin deserves a nice retirement.
KC_Ari
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC_Ari »

I know I've seen him/CityScene post on this board. So thank you Kevin if you see this!
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

LCDSI wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:24 pm i second that. cityscene was a great source but Kevin deserves a nice retirement.
One of the many things I'll miss about that column is that it "invited" some of the less development minded in KC to comment giving some insight as to how the street was leaning on particular issues (albeit the social media street). I was always surprised how anti-development some of his following was.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

I used to look forward to Kevin's pieces for the Star even before I moved to KC. Hated to see him leave the Star, but I have really enjoyed CityScene and am grateful he kept it going for as many years as he did. KEVIN, thank you, and I hope we will see you at least semi-regularly in Flatland!
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Kevin told me he may continue to contribute to Flatland in his retirement.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Great reporter/writer. Excited for what he did. Glad he is able to retire and enjoy his time.
bspecht
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by bspecht »

Surprised site is already down. I don't believe all the articles are up on Flatland. It'd be great to have an accessible archive, and I've just reached out to Kevin about it.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

bspecht wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:48 pm Surprised site is already down. I don't believe all the articles are up on Flatland. It'd be great to have an accessible archive, and I've just reached out to Kevin about it.
Did you hear anything about the site? Tough to see that archive down. The hosting fees can't be that much - If it isn't too crazy, I'd be willing to pay it.

Maybe even give a UMKC journalism student a chance to practice their craft with a story or two a week? Obviously no one can replace Kevin, but it is sad to see the archive lost
bspecht
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by bspecht »

Cratedigger wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:53 pm
bspecht wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:48 pm Surprised site is already down. I don't believe all the articles are up on Flatland. It'd be great to have an accessible archive, and I've just reached out to Kevin about it.
Did you hear anything about the site? Tough to see that archive down. The hosting fees can't be that much - If it isn't too crazy, I'd be willing to pay it.

Maybe even give a UMKC journalism student a chance to practice their craft with a story or two a week? Obviously no one can replace Kevin, but it is sad to see the archive lost
I have, believe he'll be working to get it back up and/or pass along an archive.