My 7 yr old son's first Chief's game - tickets?

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KC1963
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

My 7 yr old son's first Chief's game - tickets?

Post by KC1963 »

Lifetime Chief's fan in Dallas. I've been looking at online prices and find them ridiculous.

Example: Bears start at $285 while Broncos are half the cost, Buffalo also low.

What determines prices? The weather? The likeliness of winning? Or is it just availability?

Why wouldn't there be more people wanting to see the Bills as opposed to the Bears?

Would Arrowhead be a good 1st experience for a 7 yr old?

All in I am looking at $1000 + for us to see a game in person. Travel, hotel, tickets

Are there ever scalpers just out in front of the stadium like in the old days?

Willing to take face value?

Thanks!
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: My 7 yr old son's first Chief's game - tickets?

Post by beautyfromashes »

A ticket in December is a gamble due to weather. That’s probably why Bills are so cheap. No one wants to go to a game at 5 below, especially with a 7 year old. Best bet is the actual kcchiefs.com website. You can zoom in on actual seats on the map. If you want to take a gamble, I’d wait til the absolute last minute and wait for prices to fall. If you’re willing to risk the weather, choose the Christmas or New Years games. People more likely to have other plans and sell their tickets. Both of those games would be good.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

beautyfromashes wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:25 pm A ticket in December is a gamble due to weather. That’s probably why Bills are so cheap. No one wants to go to a game at 5 below, especially with a 7 year old. Best bet is the actual kcchiefs.com website. You can zoom in on actual seats on the map. If you want to take a gamble, I’d wait til the absolute last minute and wait for prices to fall. If you’re willing to risk the weather, choose the Christmas or New Years games. People more likely to have other plans and sell their tickets. Both of those games would be good.
Last season I went early in the season. If I go back this year, I am personally going to go when it’s cooler or cold out with the hope people spend less time drinking the entire day. Didn’t live the arguments and fights in the parking lots after a Chiefs win
KC1963
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KC1963 »

Cold weather won't work for him and seeing people fight over a sporting event won't work for either of us.

I'll look at the Chief's website. We need at least 2 days in advance to plan and the scalper idea will only work if we're already in KC.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

KC1963 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:41 am Cold weather won't work for him and seeing people fight over a sporting event won't work for either of us.

I'll look at the Chief's website. We need at least 2 days in advance to plan and the scalper idea will only work if we're already in KC.
Then I'd do the Broncos Thursday night game October 12th. Cheapest tickets available right now, weather would be perfect, classic rivalry and, being a Thursday, less people would be drinking because they have to work the next day.
droopy
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by droopy »

I’d recommend getting tickets in the lower bowl as well. I’ve had drastically different neighbors at games based on where I was in the stadium. I’ve only gone to an average of 1 game per year so very small sample size.
KC1963
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KC1963 »

[/quote]
Then I'd do the Broncos Thursday night game October 12th. Cheapest tickets available right now, weather would be perfect, classic rivalry and, being a Thursday, less people would be drinking because they have to work the next day.
[/quote]

We went with this option. Thank you. As it turns out, it's his 8th birthday so worth the expense to make a lifetime memory.
Last edited by KC1963 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.