Grand Blvd Closures

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Grand Blvd Closures

Post by KCPowercat »

One of the things confusing it is some (most) are talking about our larger downtown neighborhood, some are only using P&L as the neighborhood. The peelouts have never stopped and hence are no better w/ Grand closed for most of us. It's just moving the problem, many times closer to our residences.

Glad to hear they are reducing the closures and trying something else. Positive step, let's hope PD can get off their asses and do something and the leadership can get off their asses and give them the tools/laws to do so.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:26 am One of the things confusing it is some (most) are talking about our larger downtown neighborhood, some are only using P&L as the neighborhood. The peelouts have never stopped and hence are no better w/ Grand closed for most of us. It's just moving the problem, many times closer to our residences.

Glad to hear they are reducing the closures and trying something else. Positive step, let's hope PD can get off their asses and do something and the leadership can get off their asses and give them the tools/laws to do so.
So I don’t think everyone is familiar with how bad it got on grand. The peel outs and general ride throughs by motorcycles and 4-wheelers are problematic don’t get me wrong. However, at its worse grand outside of T-Mobile was a flat out unsanctioned street party. Sound systems, illegal parking, people climbing and riding all over t-Mobile center property, guns being brandished and add in all the scary and dangerous stuff happening on the street.

Let’s see how tonight goes. I’ll be sure to walk over after 10pm and see how it’s going. Will probably take a few weeks for word to spread that it’s back open.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:30 pm So I don’t think everyone is familiar with how bad it got on grand. The peel outs and general ride throughs by motorcycles and 4-wheelers are problematic don’t get me wrong. However, at its worse grand outside of T-Mobile was a flat out unsanctioned street party. Sound systems, illegal parking, people climbing and riding all over t-Mobile center property, guns being brandished and add in all the scary and dangerous stuff happening on the street.
Yeah, that makes sense. Those street parties at 10am on a Sunday are crazy!!!
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:12 pm
DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:30 pm So I don’t think everyone is familiar with how bad it got on grand. The peel outs and general ride throughs by motorcycles and 4-wheelers are problematic don’t get me wrong. However, at its worse grand outside of T-Mobile was a flat out unsanctioned street party. Sound systems, illegal parking, people climbing and riding all over t-Mobile center property, guns being brandished and add in all the scary and dangerous stuff happening on the street.
Who said anything about 10am or Sundays? I swear, some of you are so fucking combative towards anything I say you can't even come up with something clever, true or funny when you're trying to hurl an insult. Jesus Christ man. I had my FUCKING WIFE and TODDLER nearly hit by one of these fools. I've had guns brandished towards me and I'm not a weak little boy who can't handle my owner either. So if those situations had me scared, I can only imagine how it impacts single mothers, solo females or those who don't always have the means to protect themselves.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:16 pm
Who said anything about 10am or Sundays? I swear, some of you are so fucking combative towards anything I say you can't even come up with something clever, true or funny when you're trying to hurl an insult. Jesus Christ man. I had my FUCKING WIFE and TODDLER nearly hit by one of these fools. I've had guns brandished towards me and I'm not a weak little boy who can't handle my owner either. So if those situations had me scared, I can only imagine how it impacts single mothers, solo females or those who don't always have the means to protect themselves.
The road is closed so many days, it's not just late at night when the "street parties" start happening. So, that's really a BS excuse .
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:25 pm
DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:16 pm
The road is closed so many days, it's not just late at night when the "street parties" start happening. So, that's really a BS excuse .
No, it's kind of confrontational if you wait until trouble starts to shut down a street and try to kick everyone out. The street was never shut down outside of the weekends and events. It was being re-opened Sunday morning usually before all that massive Sunday traffic starts up.

The excuse for closing it down is safety. If you think that's bullshit than honestly, F-Off. You think Home Depot loves not having shopping carts out at its midtown location for anyone to grab? You think they like inconveniencing their customers who now have to ask for a shopping cart due to all the shoplifting they were dealing with? You and others keep trying to make this about a developer doing whatever it wants just because it wants to do it, not understanding it's not great for their customers conveinance but it is for their safety.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Wait, you have to ask for a shopping cart at Home Depot?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

GRID wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:04 pm Wait, you have to ask for a shopping cart at Home Depot?
Yes. At least at that location unless you grab one from the parking lot but they’ve been staying on top of those as well.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:41 pm The excuse for closing it down is safety. If you think that's bullshit than honestly, F-Off.
You need help.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:09 pm
DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:41 pm The excuse for closing it down is safety. If you think that's bullshit than honestly, F-Off.
You need help.
You need to either contribute to this forum or shut up. All you do is insult me. If you'd like to have a civilized conversation about a particular topic you should try responding in a respectful manner. You seem incapable.

You're so clearly uninformed about this particular topic in pains me. You need enlightened.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:26 pm
You need help.
You need to either contribute to this forum or shut up. All you do is insult me. If you'd like to have a civilized conversation about a particular topic you should try responding in a respectful manner. You seem incapable.

You're so clearly uninformed about this particular topic in pains me. You need enlightened.
You just have no answer and start throwing out "F-off" and I'M not contributing?!? If the street parties are the "official reason" from the "Cordish representative" tell me why the road is closed at any time outside of 10pm-latenight when these types of problems happen. The answers are either that they want that road closed or they're too lazy to close it at the times the problems happen.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:21 pm
DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:26 pm
You need help.

You just have no answer and start throwing out "F-off" and I'M not contributing?!? If the street parties are the "official reason" from the "Cordish representative" tell me why the road is closed at any time outside of 10pm-latenight when these types of problems happen. The answers are either that they want that road closed or they're too lazy to close it at the times the problems happen.
Just further proving you literally know nothing about the topic.

I've provided answers. So many times. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them not true.

I'm not a cordish representative, I just happen to be the one person on here with some best connections to them, thus I have the best information in many situations that involve them.

Ok, here's some education for you.

You can't close the roads late or you trap people within the road closure. So you have to cone off the areas in preparation for the street closure. It's also a city requirement to warn tenants and those who are parked that the street will close. It requires a certain amount of time to notify. It's also not about laziness. Have you ever managed a labor budget? Have you ever managed any kind of budget or staff? Maybe you missed it where I said it will no longer be closed outside of events but they were typically closing it around 6pm on Fridays and opening it back up early sunday morning unless there was something going on downtown that required it to be closed.

I throw out F-off because you keep minimizing my personal experiences with my family as if human and pedestrian safety isn't a legitimate reason to close one road for one block.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:34 pm Just further proving you literally know nothing about the topic.

I've provided answers. So many times. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them not true.

I'm not a cordish representative, I just happen to be the one person on here with some best connections to them, thus I have the best information in many situations that involve them.
God, for someone whose ego is so out of proportion for who they are, it sure seems so glass-jawed at the same time when you run and quit or throw a fit when someone disagrees with you. If you were really a "Cordish representative" (notice the "s) you'd be gone by now because I hate Cordish more each time you seem to want to represent them. Have your last post and be done.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:02 pm
DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:34 pm Just further proving you literally know nothing about the topic.

God, for someone whose ego is so out of proportion for who they are, it sure seems so glass-jawed at the same time when you run and quit or throw a fit when someone disagrees with you. If you were really a "Cordish representative" (notice the "s) you'd be gone by now because I hate Cordish more each time you seem to want to represent them. Have your last post and be done.
I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. I have a problem when you can’t do it respectfully. You’ve always hated Cordish, it doesn’t matter what I say and frankly I could care less about what you think.

What ego? You have zero clue about who I am. Because I don’t cower down to people like you I have an ego? I can’t deal with ignorance and that’s all you display. I know I play a part on here that’s unique as I seem to be the only person with some insight on one particular developer. I know that comes with some controversy and I’m the bad guy anytime I defend them, which is most of the time.

If me telling you the truth makes you hate a developer even more, I’m sure you are a pathetic and angry person. That’s clear based on all your comments. They’re never constructive, polite or insightful. Just brash and rude. Then, I’m the one who needs help when I drop down to your level.

There. Now you can move on.

Edit: and I tend to leave this forum due to these conversations. I hate lowering the bar and getting personal. So I guess if wanting to avoid punks like you makes me “glass jawed”, it is what it is.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:30 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:26 am One of the things confusing it is some (most) are talking about our larger downtown neighborhood, some are only using P&L as the neighborhood. The peelouts have never stopped and hence are no better w/ Grand closed for most of us. It's just moving the problem, many times closer to our residences.

So I don’t think everyone is familiar with how bad it got on grand. The peel outs and general ride throughs by motorcycles and 4-wheelers are problematic don’t get me wrong. However, at its worse grand outside of T-Mobile was a flat out unsanctioned street party. Sound systems, illegal parking, people climbing and riding all over t-Mobile center property, guns being brandished and add in all the scary and dangerous stuff happening on the street.

Let’s see how tonight goes. I’ll be sure to walk over after 10pm and see how it’s going. Will probably take a few weeks for word to spread that it’s back open.
I have a few epic videos of the wannabe thuglifers and their girlfriends twerking on top of cars and blocking the intersections that I should post on here. Pretty wild. Hard to believe the cops and city just allow this shit.

Yet, they'll pull you and I over and write us tickets for 4 mph over the limit.

We live in a twilight world.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

im2kull wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:29 am
DColeKC wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:30 pm

I have a few epic videos of the wannabe thuglifers and their girlfriends twerking on top of cars and blocking the intersections that I should post on here. Pretty wild. Hard to believe the cops and city just allow this shit.

Yet, they'll pull you and I over and write us tickets for 4 mph over the limit.

We live in a twilight world.
I can understand not wanting to create a high speed chase but these cars have plates (most of the time). Show up to their door with an arrest warrant. Or just anything to enforce law and order.
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

GRID wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:04 pm Wait, you have to ask for a shopping cart at Home Depot?
No. I've been twice in the last week. There's a normal corral located right outside the main entrance with all of the carts available for the taking.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

WoodDraw wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:42 pm The return? 😂 it never left cordish just pushed it down the road to the crossroads.
And the daiquiri shop
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

This conversation reminds me so much of the westport street privatization.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

gfenn11 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:26 pm
No. I've been twice in the last week. There's a normal corral located right outside the main entrance with all of the carts available for the taking.
Hmmm guess they just changed it the last 12 trips I’ve made specifically for me. They’ve been locked up with two large homemade wooden doors. I’ll go this week and take photos.