New Chiefs Stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: New Chiefs Stadium

Post by Cratedigger »

shinatoo wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:09 pm Just got a survey from Jackson County on why I voted yes or no. All the questions were about the Royals. Personally thought the Chiefs proposal was just as bad for the same reasons. Ambiguity on how the tax money was specifically being spent.
It frustrates me how Sherman and the Royals became the bad guys in this vote.

Sherman actually proposed something that fits with the City’s goals and could have helped the city’s momentum. He also has lived here for decades, done fantastic work for the community and was here for every step in the process these past two years.

Clark proposed luxury suites and didn’t even bother to attend any of the vote yes rallies.

Tell me which one cared more about this vote
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Cratedigger wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:19 pm
shinatoo wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:09 pm Just got a survey from Jackson County on why I voted yes or no. All the questions were about the Royals. Personally thought the Chiefs proposal was just as bad for the same reasons. Ambiguity on how the tax money was specifically being spent.
It frustrates me how Sherman and the Royals became the bad guys in this vote.

Sherman actually proposed something that fits with the City’s goals and could have helped the city’s momentum. He also has lived here for decades, done fantastic work for the community and was here for every step in the process these past two years.

Clark proposed luxury suites and didn’t even bother to attend any of the vote yes rallies.

Tell me which one cared more about this vote
Yeah, and people wonder why his wife lost it. Not that should should have but Sherman is the only reasons the Royals are not already packing their bags and waiting out the lease to leave town. The guy is more "Kansas City" than 90% of the voters.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

How about this, a complete rebuild of the TSC road network, make it flow as good as it does at the Legends. You can go to Nebraska furniture mart during a Nascar or Sporting KC event and not even get stuck in any traffic. Literally went to NFM during a sporting KC game yesterday and it's like there wasn't even 20k people across the street.

Getting into and out of TSC requires way to many left turns across traffic which kills traffic into and out of the complex, we need some cloverleafs or flyovers to solve this, I hate cloverleafs but you have to admit having a ton of them at the legends makes it work.

The area south of the stadium isn't going to develop into anything fancy so lets just admit what would go best around the stadium, more tilt up warehouses which is what Hunt Midwest specializes in (win win), it's at a major highway crossroads and with a bunch of overbuilt streets, it would be perfect to build tons and tons of warehouses which generate taxes and have a ton of workers which give customers to any new fast food and small retail that can added to this area. Plus everybody knows we need more affordable housing, so if we ever connect this site to downtown with a streetcar, it is the perfect location to build a bunch of affordable apartments so people can work in the area or ride the streetcar to other jobs in the city. (another win win situation)

langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

You drew $400 million + in highway improvements. May as well just built LRT there with a $400 million state contribution.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

langosta wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:12 am You drew $400 million + in highway improvements. May as well just built LRT there with a $400 million state contribution.
Why Not Both??? I spent a bit more time to make my idea look a little better.

Full size link where you can read the text easier: https://i.imgur.com/17DE7dO.jpeg

langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Bc money is a finite resource
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

With Clark Hunt saying he talked to John Sherman and the two teams are going their separate ways on stadium efforts, and the fact Hunt said a new stadium (open air or domed) is being considered, it'll be interesting to see what happens. He remains open to Kansas as an option. Things are still early, but it's something to watch.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:02 pm With Clark Hunt saying he talked to John Sherman and the two teams are going their separate ways on stadium efforts, and the fact Hunt said a new stadium (open air or domed) is being considered, it'll be interesting to see what happens. He remains open to Kansas as an option. Things are still early, but it's something to watch.
Simply a negotiating tactic. He can't say he only wants to stay at Arrowhead and won't consider other options, but he wants to stay at Arrowhead.

I'm not saying that he can't be swayed but it would take Jackson County and Missouri completely shitting the bed combined with Kansas offering to rename the state after his father for this to happen.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Olathe,KS?
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

DColeKC wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:36 pm
Chris Stritzel wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:02 pm With Clark Hunt saying he talked to John Sherman and the two teams are going their separate ways on stadium efforts, and the fact Hunt said a new stadium (open air or domed) is being considered, it'll be interesting to see what happens. He remains open to Kansas as an option. Things are still early, but it's something to watch.
Simply a negotiating tactic. He can't say he only wants to stay at Arrowhead and won't consider other options, but he wants to stay at Arrowhead.

I'm not saying that he can't be swayed but it would take Jackson County and Missouri completely shitting the bed combined with Kansas offering to rename the state after his father for this to happen.
Feels like this STAR bond effort is roughly the equivalent of renaming the state Chiefsas, no?
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

DColeKC wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:36 pm

1 & 2 are close to being feat accompli (Jackson Co has already shit the bed) and I think Kansas isn't as far fetched as you might think it is. I think a move to Kansas has a greater than 50% chance of happening unless the state of Missouri comes to the rescue - which it won't.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

interesting to see KS make such a push and really sell their soul to try to get the Chiefs and maybe the Royals over to the KS side. Interesting to see the requirement for the funding includes the team having to invest 1 billion in order to receive the 100% financing. But regardless it is all very feasible that if the Chiefs choose to move they would have a great deal in KS. I know there are a lot of hoops to jump through still, just in regards to the business logistics of moving your established business from one state to the other. It's not like you get a big fat check from KS and you just move the next day. But again it will be interesting. If anything this may really light the fire under the leaders on the MO side to stop playing "political holy rollers" and get back to the function of running a state that wishes to prosper and be a player on the stage of business development and and revenue growth.

I also wonder the impact of what the average fan has to say and the impact it may have on the Chiefs branding? Not saying it will do anything but a strong negative reaction and one that is very easy to spread via social media channels and through the media in general that is always starved for new content, might cause some pause. Just a factor and maybe one that the Chiefs don't give a shit about because they know where else you going to go to get your NFL fix and we are just moving locations, not leaving the area. But these are all things that will need to be considered.

Personally I'd like to see what the Chiefs could do as the only tenant at the TSC. But I go to maybe 1 home game a year. Honestly the product on TV is better and easier to deal with than game day at Arrowhead. You go for the tailgating & the fun at being at the game in the moment. But the general game experience and the vast amount of "douche-baggery" that is present at Chiefs games has turned me off over the years. Some people love it, which I'm cool with, just again not my jam. But I realize this and have solutions in place to deal with it and I do not expect a franchise to kowtow to my feelings on the game day experience.