New Riverfront Women's Soccer Stadium

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: New Riverfront Women's Soccer Stadium

Post by shinatoo »

Is the new stadium going to be artificial turf? If it is I think it could support a usfl team. They're playing their Championship right now and it's not a bad brain to football. Pittsburgh has a team and it's a similar size City.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

Natural grass & I think they're not looking at other tenants because they mainly want concerts. Poor field will get wrecked the first few years, SKC's took like 5 years to take root.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Kansas City Current installs final steel beam for riverfront stadium

https://www.kshb.com/sports/local-sport ... nt-stadium
bspecht
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by bspecht »

Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

Please tell me it's going to be a full restaurant that serves on a regular schedule and not just for games...
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Eon Blue wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:49 pm Please tell me it's going to be a full restaurant that serves on a regular schedule and not just for games...
sweet summer child
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

Eon Blue wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:49 pm Please tell me it's going to be a full restaurant that serves on a regular schedule and not just for games...
I'm hearing it's an extremely limited menu too, just brisket & pulled pork, maybe cubed burnt ends but not the real deal. Few of the sides, but it's coming from the state line location every game instead of made in the stadium.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

You may already be aware, but County Road Ice House in P&L is a full-service Joe's KC BBQ downtown...

Assuming this will be a limited access/limited menu deal.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I wish it were a full time restaurant. It would be a destination.

What's with the "Joes" in the P&L district. Is that a full blown BBQ place like the one in KCK but with a different name? I'm always confused by that place. It's not called Joes KC, but it has some Joes KC branding on the building.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

GRID wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:21 pm I wish it were a full time restaurant. It would be a destination.

What's with the "Joes" in the P&L district. Is that a full blown BBQ place like the one in KCK but with a different name? I'm always confused by that place. It's not called Joes KC, but it has some Joes KC branding on the building.
It's Joes KC BBQ with a full menu. For some reason the owner of Joes was hesitant in the beginning to name it Joes or anything similar. They now regret this because so many people don't make the connection.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

rxlexi wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:44 pm You may already be aware, but County Road Ice House in P&L is a full-service Joe's KC BBQ downtown...
Oh - I do recall that now!
DColeKC wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:32 pm It's Joes KC BBQ with a full menu. For some reason the owner of Joes was hesitant in the beginning to name it Joes or anything similar. They now regret this because so many people don't make the connection.
Heh...
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

DColeKC wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:32 pm
GRID wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:21 pm I wish it were a full time restaurant. It would be a destination.

It's Joes KC BBQ with a full menu. For some reason the owner of Joes was hesitant in the beginning to name it Joes or anything similar. They now regret this because so many people don't make the connection.
They're apparently still stupid too and haven't learned from their mistake, given the lack of name change.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Go to Wolfepack!
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

News today said it will be open year round, not sure about full restaurant part though
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

For the lazy: Stadium naming rights have been given to CPKC
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Reposting in the right spot -

OK Joes and now Billie's Grocery announced as restaurant partners for the Current Stadium. These are just open Gameday right? And not to the general public on gameday?

https://www.kansascitycurrent.com/news/ ... econd-rest
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

yeah I'd guess they are only for ticket holders and only gamedays
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

https://fox4kc.com/business/riverside-c ... 7yceJR142E

There goes the concert angle of the riverfront stadium.... Live Nation proposed at 15,000 seat venue in Riverside.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

langosta wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:21 pm https://fox4kc.com/business/riverside-c ... 7yceJR142E

There goes the concert angle of the riverfront stadium.... Live Nation proposed at 15,000 seat venue in Riverside.
It was never going to happen anyway. I'm involved in the riverside project and I'm happy that Live Nation has finally stepped up to bring this city a new, modern, 14,000 capacity shed closer to downtown. Our city really needs this in order to land bigger and better tours.

Let's just hope it happens, I haven't seen may serious obstacles.