OFFICIAL - Wallstreet Tower (formerly US Bank Tower)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: OFFICIAL - Wallstreet Tower (formerly US Bank Tower)

Post by KCPowercat »

That doesn't show what is being claimed nor a timestamp nor if it's even about this building.

Also quit editing your old posts to change whatever story you are trying to spin here.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCPowercat wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:05 pm That doesn't show what is being claimed nor a timestamp nor if it's even about this building.

Also quit editing your old posts to change whatever story you are trying to spin here.
Obviously litigation is in play, so I'm not going to spill everything publicly. I'm reviewing sensitive information as the HOA board member who's commenting is clearly data scraping for the lawsuit too.

That screenshot gives you a pretty damning glimpse at what's going on behind the scenes. Feel free to message me if you want more information privately. You're always welcome to contact the city as well.

I've shared more than enough for our community. I'm off this thread now.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

im2kull wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:08 pm
I've shared more than enough for our community. I'm off this thread now.
Good idea.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KC_Ari wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:03 am
KCPowercat wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:16 am
KC_Ari wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:51 am That's an ignorant take. No one claimed it would immediately cause a disaster if the fire suppression fluid froze.
Not to give any air to posts I find to be untrustworthy but that's exactly what was inferred in this thread.
im2kull wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:10 am Apparently the HOA drained and refilled the main support columns this summer with a fluid that has a freezing point of just -13F. :shock:
Fair enough. I didn't remember it being worded so drastically. I'll still stand by the fact that if there is any truth to the statements, that it is concerning.
Definitely truthful. The fluid characteristics have been discussed with manufacturer, whose specifications report the same -13F freeze point. The product used was Interstate Chemical's "Intercool OP-100".

Not a great choice.
bones.25
Pad site
Pad site

Post by bones.25 »

Just curious and maybe you've already answered this but if not... How do you know they used a 40/60 mix?
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

bones.25 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:57 pm Just curious and maybe you've already answered this but if not... How do you know they used a 40/60 mix?
Good question.

1. It's listed in the "certification letter" the HOA sent to the city as the fluid used.
2. The manufacturer, distributor, KCFD, and building staff have all independently verified that this is indeed the product that was used.
3. There's a couple 50 gallon drums of it sitting in the building right now.
4. The HOA member (Chiefsfan80) who recently joined to chime in on this thread can surely confirm as well.. though they've been quiet since being outted.

What are your thoughts, Bones?
bones.25
Pad site
Pad site

Post by bones.25 »

im2kull wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:59 pm
bones.25 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:57 pm Just curious and maybe you've already answered this but if not... How do you know they used a 40/60 mix?
Good question.

1. It's listed in the "certification letter" the HOA sent to the city as the fluid used.
2. The manufacturer, distributor, KCFD, and building staff have all independently verified that this is indeed the product that was used.
4. The HOA member (Chiefsfan80) who recently joined to chime in on this thread can surely confirm as well.. though they've been quiet since being outted.

I'm not sure what to make of it but I would say it's highly unusual to deviate from engineering specifications without approval from the PE for obvious reasons
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

bones.25 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:29 am
im2kull wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:59 pm
Good question.

I'm not sure what to make of it but I would say it's highly unusual to deviate from engineering specifications without approval from the PE for obvious reasons
I agree. Maybe you can help raise awareness about this issue?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Whenever this thread pops up because of a new post, I assume the WallStreet Tower fell over.