OFFICIAL - Wallstreet Tower (formerly US Bank Tower)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: OFFICIAL - Wallstreet Tower (formerly US Bank Tower)

Post by im2kull »

Heard an update that the HOA board discussed the inop support column fireproofing system with owners this Monday, June 12th. They restated that the building is compliant with the city, which is a lie and an interesting position given the code violation. Nonetheless they're claiming to have had an epiphany and are suddenly pushing to get this project done ASAP. They want work to begin as early as next week, and are saying it's safety issue that needs fixed immediately. They have solicited and received bids for removal of the fluid, and for a replacement fluid. The board bypassed an owner vote and approved the contract to proceed.

Apparently an engineering firm was consulted in Chicago (Klein & Hoffman), who sent a statement of work/proposal to the board. The board however did not agree with their recommendations.. which involves completing a load test and verifying the original design of the system/structure.. and are choosing to skip that work.

It was also relayed privately that the board has fined the whistleblower $1,250 for a Google Review they left, on top of $1,000 for making a 311 report and notifying the city of the fire protection problem. The memo I saw states these fines are for "misconduct / misinformation". The whole situation with the fines reeks of retaliation and seems like a poor choice to make as an HOA. I'm pretty certain this is the review.
https://goo.gl/maps/9Qh9yxhS8Cm41GrV6
Last edited by im2kull on Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

There is no way they stated the fine was for that. Lol that would be insane!

Thanks for the info.
KC_Ari
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC_Ari »

Apparently google removed the review aswell.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KC_Ari wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:38 pm Apparently google removed the review aswell.
I just followed the link above and it's still there.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

im2kull wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:55 pm
KC_Ari wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:38 pm Apparently google removed the review aswell.
It says google removed it. I still can't imagine them basing a fine on a review.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

^^ Why no one is developing condos downtown.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:27 am
im2kull wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:55 pm
It says google removed it. I still can't imagine them basing a fine on a review.
It must be cached on my device. Here's a screenshot before it disappears. The names check out and Kathleen Doherty appears to be the property manager.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

well a cease and desist letter certainly changes that story considerably.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

There should be an age limit on HOA directors and politicians.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I mean, a hoa can’t control your speech. lol

Now they’re going to have to pay legal fees to defend the idiots that did this.

I wouldn’t touch this building.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Homeowner Associations seem to let power get to their heads. Both in condo buildings and subdivision, it's rough and full of massive oversteps.

"Oh, you want to buy a condo/house here? Great! Just pay us so that you can actually "own" your home and if you don't, we can put a lien on it. Want to make changes to your home? Fine, but we have to approve of it. Want to write a review on Google so potential homeowners know what the community is like? Fine, but don't say anything bad or else we will fine you considerable amounts of money".

Is it a cult?

There's a reason why I'm turned off by urban condos in particular. You're charged obscene amounts of money for a condo association fee, then they decide to pocket the money and do nothing of benefit to the property. In the case of Wall Street Tower, that's incredibly shocking and ridiculous. I guess living there means you give up your rights to Freedom of Speech online and your right to submit 311 requests to the city.

Yep. Sure sounds like a cult to me.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I can't conceive of any situation where I'd live in a condo situation.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

WoodDraw wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:51 pm I mean, a hoa can’t control your speech. lol

Now they’re going to have to pay legal fees to defend the idiots that did this.

I wouldn’t touch this building.
A few rag members own in this building. Any insight y'all? What's the board saying?
KCPowercat wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:03 pm well a cease and desist letter certainly changes that story considerably.
Not sure I agree. Anyone can write/send a Cease and Desist letter to another person (Not to be confused with a court order, something totally different). Cease & desist letters are meaningless, and non-binding. They're not from a court. They're from a person. When used correctly they tell you to "Please stop, or else..", but they're commonly used incorrectly to make hollow threats and simply scare people into silence, submission, compliance, etc.

IE: I, my lawyer, your neighbor, wife, dog, etc.. can send you a C&D letter today telling you to "Log off KCrag immediately, or else!". But, you have no obligation to do what I ask and log off the rag. In fact, if I were to send you a letter and then fine you for not "following it" (As has clearly happened here), then that would land me in some serious legal trouble, if not jail.
Last edited by im2kull on Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Yeah but it changes the story. All I said. I still think it's pretty lol wtf
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:01 am Yeah but it changes the story. All I said. I still think it's pretty lol wtf
I agree, it's pretty lol wtf and out there. Just idiotic all around.
Last edited by im2kull on Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

The person obviously has a history enough to spark a C&D so why continue to post on google reviews? the c&D probably also told them fines were coming if they continued. It's inconsequential to me honestly
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

A cease and desist is not a legal document. It can serve as notice, perhaps, but only under certain circumstances. I would guess they have an arbitration agreement. Missouri has a very weak anti-SLAPP law. Just embarrassing. Stay away.

What a disaster
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

It looks like the fluid is being pumped out of the main support columns today. Trucks outside and KMBC 9 News just did a live segment on it. Beginning to think that these poor owners have no idea what's going on there. Spoke to two realtors that seem totally clueless and confused too. Not sure if I really feel bad for them though. They should be doing their own research and finding out about these things. I'll be curious to see what happens next.
Last edited by im2kull on Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KC_Ari
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC_Ari »

im2kull wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:52 pm It looks like the fluid is being pumped out of the main support columns today. Trucks outside and KMBC 9 News just did a live segment on it. I'm told there is a 5:00 and 6:00 segments scheduled. Beginning to think that these poor owners have no idea what's going on there. Spoke to two realtors that seem totally clueless and confused too. Not sure if I really feel bad for them though. They should be doing their own research and finding out about these things. I'll be curious to see what happens next.

WoodDraw wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:09 pm A cease and desist is not a legal document. It can serve as notice, perhaps, but only under certain circumstances. I would guess they have an arbitration agreement. Missouri has a very weak anti-SLAPP law. Just embarrassing. Stay away.

What a disaster
Exactly.
Glad I'm on here. I almost bought a unit in the tower until this story popped up a few months ago.
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

FWIW, when we were looking to buy something a couple years ago, our realtor flat-out refused to show us any units in exactly two buildings - this one and Western Auto.