OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Transportation topics in KC
smh
Supporter

Re: OFFICIAL - New KCI Terminal

Post by smh »

GRID wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:32 pm I guess I have never noticed, but I always thought Sixt was just in Europe, Australia etc. It's always an option when I travel international, but have never used it in America.
They've had some pretty good deals at Denver the last few times I've been there.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

STL trying to get a few million from MO to kick off their )2.8 billion new terminal.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Went through yesterday and looked for their new signage. Wherever they added it wasn't where I felt it was most needed so not sure what they added.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Idk if this has been talked about yet, but I’ve noticed that, since the new terminal opened, “KCI” has been scrubbed from all official airport material I’ve seen. Often instead “Kansas City International Airport” is spelled out in its entirety. Further, when I was last in the airport a few weeks ago, I noticed an info sign describing a smartphone app or program of some sort, using the name “MCI”.

I don’t remember if “KCI” got used much at the old terminal, but I think this is good that they seem to be encouraging the use of the real airport code instead of our colloquial made up one. Should help visitors
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

MCI was a fanciful fabrication from the Ike Davis-Charlie Wheeler days. They wanted to get a Worlds Fair to KC around the time Detroit was the frontrunner for the Olympics (went to Mexico City instead). Mid Continent International sounded a lot more sophisticated than the older code, Municipal Kansas City (MKC).

I always kind of enjoyed the substitution that everyone in town immediately and continuously used -- KCI which was neither the actual airport name nor its FAA code.