NAIA Tournament

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
brewcrew1000
Penntower
Penntower

NAIA Tournament

Postby brewcrew1000 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:41 am

Saw this NY Times article pop up, i think Visit KC linked it or something but never really knew about the NAIA tournament before, i didn't realize it was so crazy. I really need to check out this tournament sometime. Seems like a cool event but something not really talked about or supported by the local community.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/17/spor ... 1-gym.html

kcjak
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: NAIA Tournament

Postby kcjak » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:30 am

Sad that this gets overshadowed by the Big 12 and NCAA tournaments - wish it got more coverage by the local media or at least better signage in the CBD.

aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Postby aknowledgeableperson » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:16 pm

The NBA use to have 7 or 8 rounds in its annual college draft. At the NAIA tournament one could usually see one, two, or even three players who would be drafted playing for one of the schools. So many people would take a week's worth of vacation to come and see the games.
Of course many of the top schools in the NAIA back then have switched to DII of the NCAA.

FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Postby FangKC » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:21 pm

This explains all the drunk people I saw stumbling around Westport in the middle of the day Thursday. :D

Return to “Kansas City Sports”