World Cup 2026 at Arrowhead?

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: World Cup 2026 at Arrowhead?

Post by Cratedigger »

Final will be held in Dallas - not LA or NYC.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... tLife.html
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

DColeKC wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:16 pm
TheSmokinPun wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:51 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:23 pm They're currently more considered with the hiring of front office staffer than soccer. They seem to think this is a social club and not a professional sports franchise.
Oh I'm very aware, I've been part of this community for a decade and a half now. The team fired the first shots.
By not consulting with fans before making a hiring decision? The guy made a mistake, paid the price and is now being brought in at a much less significant position. SKC ownership and FO can't do anything right. The "fans" complain about every detail. I would have sold it by now.
I hope they do sell it at this point. You complain about the fans but said fans have already left, they're hemorrhaging fast. Maybe they'll finally do something when the in stadium atmosphere is completely dead, which might be sooner than people think.

And the dude didn't really pay the price. He was fired from that job last year, never really apologized, & is now right back on another MLS squad. But you're right, the customer in this circumstance is wrong and them choosing not to renew season tickets is just complaining.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:56 pm
DColeKC wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:16 pm
TheSmokinPun wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:51 pm

Oh I'm very aware, I've been part of this community for a decade and a half now. The team fired the first shots.
By not consulting with fans before making a hiring decision? The guy made a mistake, paid the price and is now being brought in at a much less significant position. SKC ownership and FO can't do anything right. The "fans" complain about every detail. I would have sold it by now.
I hope they do sell it at this point. You complain about the fans but said fans have already left, they're hemorrhaging fast. Maybe they'll finally do something when the in stadium atmosphere is completely dead, which might be sooner than people think.

And the dude didn't really pay the price. He was fired from that job last year, never really apologized, & is now right back on another MLS squad. But you're right, the customer in this circumstance is wrong and them choosing not to renew season tickets is just complaining.
I'm all for fans cancelling season ticket memberships in protest or not buying tickets. That's a tactic I respect but organizing fund raisers to have signs from Portland shipped here, complaining all over social media and demanding a "Q&A" is ridiculous. It will be nice to free up some tickets for fans who just want to support a team and not advocate for social justice issues. You'd be surprised that the vast majority of the supporters section could care less about all these things and simply want to watch a sport and team they love. They don't want to help make Tifo's for this cause or that cause. They don't want to be SJW's, they just want to be fans. So yeah, let's let the small minority of fans give up their tickets and let's watch the rest of the community step up and support this sports team.

The guy paid the price. He did apologize but some people won't accept it. Some people think he should be banished to an island, never allowed to work in the profession he's spent decades in. These same people would beg... BEG for a 2nd chance if they made any kind of mistake.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

I wasn't going to reply but since you used right wing coded language to talk about something you have no clue about, I'll have to bite.

There is no clamoring for season tickets or anything outside of Messi hype. I have been around the supporters section & friends with the FO for all these years now and they are at a breaking point for support in the city. The Q&A was arranged by the team and wasn't agreed upon by the numerous supporters groups that make up the Cauldron and South Stand umbrella groups & that is currently off the table. I can tell that you have no idea that you're talking about because the Cauldron has always been one of the most progressive & open supporters sections in the entire world and has always been "SJW" as your outdated language claims it to be.

There are always second chances in life, but this dude didn't even fully feel the punishment for the first chance he blew. The entire MLS/US Soccer community is laughing at the team and telling them to cut this dude loose, which is likely to happen at this point. The ownership has opened a massive conversation gap between not only the fans and the ownership group, but also the very front office ran by Jake Reid and Peter Vermes by apparently not even telling them they were going to hire this guy in the first place.

But yeah, that "small minority of fans" that changed the culture of soccer in Kansas City & enabled the team to run on the ill advised "Soccer Capital of America" crap is pointless and will be replaced. Multiple generations of fans currently walking away will totally be replaced by tourists coming down to see the team once in their pink Messi jerseys then never coming again.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:52 pm I wasn't going to reply but since you used right wing coded language to talk about something you have no clue about, I'll have to bite.

There is no clamoring for season tickets or anything outside of Messi hype. I have been around the supporters section & friends with the FO for all these years now and they are at a breaking point for support in the city. The Q&A was arranged by the team and wasn't agreed upon by the numerous supporters groups that make up the Cauldron and South Stand umbrella groups & that is currently off the table. I can tell that you have no idea that you're talking about because the Cauldron has always been one of the most progressive & open supporters sections in the entire world and has always been "SJW" as your outdated language claims it to be.

There are always second chances in life, but this dude didn't even fully feel the punishment for the first chance he blew. The entire MLS/US Soccer community is laughing at the team and telling them to cut this dude loose, which is likely to happen at this point. The ownership has opened a massive conversation gap between not only the fans and the ownership group, but also the very front office ran by Jake Reid and Peter Vermes by apparently not even telling them they were going to hire this guy in the first place.

But yeah, that "small minority of fans" that changed the culture of soccer in Kansas City & enabled the team to run on the ill advised "Soccer Capital of America" crap is pointless and will be replaced. Multiple generations of fans currently walking away will totally be replaced by tourists coming down to see the team once in their pink Messi jerseys then never coming again.
"Right wing coded language" = L.O.L

I just told you fans should hit them with their pocket books, not with weak social media crap, cardboard signs and other ineffective methods. SKC isn't a publicly traded company and they don't have to bend down to the fans demands. They knew there would be pushback when they made the hire, maybe they're sick of the cauldron's crap. From beer prices to FO hires, complaints, complaints, complaints. If supporters want to hurt them, stop going to the matches. I fully support that type of protest.

You honestly think the cauldron is responsible for the soccer culture in KC? They're not and there's data that proves it, but SKC won't ever say that.

We can get back on topic now, but as long as there are people who don't actually do anything to truly impact change but love to make signs and change their profile pictures on facebook to the cause of the day, the term SJW will always be in play.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

https://www.sportingkc.com/news/stateme ... hael-illig

At least it's done. Try to salvage what there.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:11 am https://www.sportingkc.com/news/stateme ... hael-illig

As much as we butted heads on this and I can't stand the social justice element of this particular fanbase, I have to admit that firing him was probably the right move.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

Agreed.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

This site has become insufferable.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

WoodDraw wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:25 pm This site has become insufferable.
Would you like a "how to" on how to leave?
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

DColeKC wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:33 pm
Meh, no, not really. I already find you insufferable.

Happy to let other people try here. I'm done
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

People who live in glass buildings shouldn't throw stones!
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

DColeKC and his bots now control kcrag. It's a new era.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

beautyfromashes wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:03 pm
DColeKC and his bots now control kcrag. It's a new era.
Leading with being an asshole went out of fashion several years ago. People constantly calling me this and that and a liar on here only for things I say to be verified seems very representative of the type of world we live in these days.
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

Sensitive bunch in here
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

The draw for who plays where takes place tomorrow in Zurich, scheduled for noon KC time.
<EDIT> This was for CONCACAF qualifying
Last edited by kcjak on Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imarealperson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Imarealperson »

DColeKC wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:13 pm
TheSmokinPun wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:11 am https://www.sportingkc.com/news/stateme ... hael-illig

As much as we butted heads on this and I can't stand the social justice element of this particular fanbase, I have to admit that firing him was probably the right move.
I’ve been a season ticket holder since 2011 and Cauldron member. The Cauldron is dead. It’s no longer about the soccer, it’s about whatever the cause of the week is.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

Imarealperson wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:52 am
DColeKC wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:13 pm

I’ve been a season ticket holder since 2011 and Cauldron member. The Cauldron is dead. It’s no longer about the soccer, it’s about whatever the cause of the week is.
The whole "EVERYONE IS MAD AT THE PROGRESSIVE GROUP DOING PROGRESSIVE THINGS" group from Reddit really did a number on any independent support. Put that in with the people who were running it aging out & the team absolutely leaning on everyone, there is a reason it is dying. Team wanted it that way.
Imarealperson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Imarealperson »

There aren’t many adults in the room anymore. I don’t need a “statement from the Cauldron” every time someone farts from halfway across the world. I don’t see a lot of independent groups either, except for the antifa losers. There’s so much “look at me” garbage from people who I bet don’t even know the score most of the time.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

See where Germany has chosen the KC area to be its home base during the World Cup. Activities will be on both sides of the state line.