STL Gets Crate & Barrel

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
davetodd
Pad site
Pad site

ok

Post by davetodd »

Ok then.
I stated my opinion.
I live in KC, I love KC and that is why I watch these forums. I also watch other cities like St. Louis, Omaha, and Wichita (because I lived in them all). I'm not even a member in the STL forums, but yes, I do read them.

PS: Did anyone happen to catch the new Kansas City Magazine issue that features KC's Loft progress and is filled with great photos?
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

STL Gets Crate & Barrel

Post by rxlexi »

hey I have to jump in here and add that the moderators on this forum generally do a terrific job and I don't think this thread has gotten out of hand at all. I also feel that a healthy amount of debate surrounding KC/StL and numerous other issues is a good thing for the most part if it stays relatively cordial. I gotta stick up for Davetodd always speaking on behalf of StL, as I did on another thread too....I like hearing whats happening there from such a seemingly educated and positive voice ( if he wasn't on here I probably wouldn't have such a positive view about StL goings on, etc.), and I enjoy hearing his opinion that StL is ahead of us....it's a good challenge if you ask me :wink:
are we spinning free?
davetodd
Pad site
Pad site

STL Gets Crate & Barrel

Post by davetodd »

Thanks rxlexi; now I am not in STL or from there, but follow the progress. My wife and I go there often. It just irks me to see people bashing other cities, especially midwestern cities. For the most part, even Detroit, cities in the central region of this country are becoming more appealing for people to move too because of the many revitalizations happening everywhere. I mean, come on, whether it be small or large, central cities are beefin' up appeal. Every city, and I mean every city, in America has some crappy ass areas and blighted 'ghettos" to deal with. They cannot be ignored and they are not. Unfortunately we cannot just make poor blighted areas go away overnight (and in my opinion ever with the politics of this country). If I drove one way through KC and then took another route, I would have two different views of our fair town too! That's why CVB's and Chambers have criteria, maps and layouts for visitors. :wink:
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

STL Gets Crate & Barrel

Post by nota »

FYI-in case anyone cares-this was the statement that brought my post above:
davetodd wrote:
Bashing on these KC forums goes on without moderators stepping in and it get's pretty damn ugly.
I believe that our moderators step in in exactly the right time and exactly the right way to keep things flowing smoothly.

This is the only KC forum I participate in, but believe me, the STL folk are kings and queens of bashing in their forums.

BTW-I believe that KC is head and shoulders "ahead" of STL, but I'd move back to STL in a heartbeat.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

STL Gets Crate & Barrel

Post by StL_Dan »

nota wrote:BTW-I believe that KC is head and shoulders "ahead" of STL,
in what way(s)?
nota wrote:...but I'd move back to STL in a heartbeat.
me too, even though i love my present situation in kc
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze