Three Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Re: Three Light

Post by w00lyb00ger »

alejandro46 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:11 am Chase Bank has been expanding throughout KC metro rapidly. IIRC we were one of the largest markets for Chase without physical locations. Retail is hard to fill right now, especially new spaces. Yes, it's 'another bank,' but hopefully, a legacy bank like that will stay long term and more filled storefronts are good for more development long term.
I wouldn’t ever use them. Had a friend that recently had to contact the state AG to get his money from them after they mysteriously refused to allow him access to his money and then kept stonewalling him for several weeks claiming “the check is in the mail” when he closed his account.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Guess should just give credit that Cordish filled a space with anything, it's obviously a weakness.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Got to attend the Grand Opening event tonight at Three Light. Was told the city manager and the Cordish family met today and to expect announcements over the next few weeks regarding three residential projects. Don't hound me on the timeline, this is just what I was told. Everyone in here is familiar with the three projects, I assume we will just be getting more details.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Edit
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

This anti-DColeKC shit has me ready to take another long break from the rag again. Sooo old and tired.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I'll actually retract my comment I didn't even see the poster when I wrote that. It was a public open house but dcole prob was more privy to non public open house discussions. My bad.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

kcjak wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:22 am This anti-DColeKC shit has me ready to take another long break from the rag again. Sooo old and tired.
What did I miss this time? I enjoyed my long break, probably should take another.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:16 pm Got to attend the Grand Opening event tonight at Three Light. Was told the city manager and the Cordish family met today and to expect announcements over the next few weeks regarding three residential projects. Don't hound me on the timeline, this is just what I was told. Everyone in here is familiar with the three projects, I assume we will just be getting more details.
Glad to hear it! Exciting stuff.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:16 pm Got to attend the Grand Opening event tonight at Three Light. Was told the city manager and the Cordish family met today and to expect announcements over the next few weeks regarding three residential projects. Don't hound me on the timeline, this is just what I was told. Everyone in here is familiar with the three projects, I assume we will just be getting more details.
One of these obviously is 4L. The other two are the real mystery.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Aren't the other two on either side of Main on South Truman?
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

moderne wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:52 am Aren't the other two on either side of Main on South Truman?
Could be those, but there's also the Strata site & the riverfront site now as well.
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

kcjak wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:22 am This anti-DColeKC shit has me ready to take another long break from the rag again. Sooo old and tired.
This is so true. Wish people would be more respectful.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

So Three Light leasing must be doing rather well. Good to hear it.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Highlander wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:10 am
So Three Light leasing must be doing rather well. Good to hear it.
Article yesterday said it's 40% leased, and they expect it to accelerate now that it's fully opened
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

What % of TWO was leased when 3 was announced?
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

There's a poor social media vp at copaken being like buttt we announce buildings too?
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

alejandro46 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:11 am Chase Bank has been expanding throughout KC metro rapidly. IIRC we were one of the largest markets for Chase without physical locations. Retail is hard to fill right now, especially new spaces. Yes, it's 'another bank,' but hopefully, a legacy bank like that will stay long term and more filled storefronts are good for more development long term.
JP Morgan Chase Bank is one of the half-dozen national banks that keep the national economy lubricated. Frankly it's unusual (and has one family as its root cause) that KC has zero-to-minimal national bank presence. But Chase IME is frankly one of the least pleasant of the megabanks (more on that below).

For as long as I remember in KC, it was always an extra step to get money wired to a filial bank overseas or foreign currency in any significant quantity (the old Commerce Tower branch had a tiny foreign section). When I closed out my Connecticut property, there was no Wells Fargo in KC (the Leawood office was commercial only), so I had to make an extra trip out of state to perfect certain documents within a short timeframe. It's also nice to be able to interact with your credit card issuer at a retail location (Chase issues the Sapphire card).

Having said all that, the high level of service you get from a teller at one of the Kemper banks will not recur at these national chain banks. The "officers" who are a step up from the tellers are better, but the first level of customer service at Chase, in this example, leaves a lot on the table...

In Florida, my Chase branch has a teller who is usually the only teller on duty. Let's call her Karen. She adds extra steps to and questions every transaction. She closely examines signatures and endorsements, often rejecting those which don't meet her ink or cursive requirements. One time, while depositing five or six small checks into a joint account, this teller refused two checks because "she wanted to have a discussion about neater script on the endorsement lines." These were sub-hundred-dollar commercial checks. I took all the checks back from her, walked to the lobby ATM machine, and made my deposit there. She stood behind me fuming and pacing (having left her station). That's a typical Chase teller interaction here in Florida. Hope KC is better.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Chase and other national banks have stayed out of markets where local/regional strength and market size present a challenge. There is a perception that UMB/Commerce/etc can’t keep up with the regulatory and technology prowess of the larger banks finally opening a window for Chase, Capital One, etc.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Banks have know your customer laws that they have to follow?

If you're making weird transfers, whether in person or wire, they're going to ask questions.

I regularly get questioned when making large transfers, especially international.

I don't think this has anything to do with this?
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

^TL/DR?

Nobody likes a see-you-next-Tuesday masquerading as a bank teller. That includes anyone who might use the forthcoming Chase Bank at Three Light.