Three Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Re: Three Light

Post by DColeKC »

moderne wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:39 pm What % of TWO was leased when 3 was announced?
97%
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

herrfrank wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:44 pm ^TL/DR?

Nobody likes a see-you-next-Tuesday masquerading as a bank teller. That includes anyone who might use the forthcoming Chase Bank at Three Light.
I read it. Just not sure you ever landed the airplane.

They have signs up on light 3 for the bank.

Just to bring the topic back around, I really like the look of this building. I will also give them credit for quickly restoring pedestrian and street access. Nothing is perfect but they’ve done better than almost everyone in recent history. I will quibble over Truman but they at least tried.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

So, if there is likely to be 100% rented before construction is even complete, they are really one whole construction cycle behind on the build side. I’m essence, they could build two towers at the same time and, if rental completions kept the same pace, both would be rented before a third one could be built. I know there’d be some carrying cost while some units waited for rental, but I’d imagine it’d be much easier and faster to rent a completed unit that you didn’t have to wait for. As stated ad nauseum, construction starts seem very conservative.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

DColeKC wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:29 pm
moderne wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:39 pm What % of TWO was leased when 3 was announced?
97%
Sounds like we could be close soon
We are crossing that 50% line and we expect to be at 100% within the coming months,” Salus said. “We’ve got a lot of great residents here of every age and lifestyle that you can imagine, and we’ve really tried to make sure that our amenities cater to them.”

The Cordish Companies’ other Kansas City luxury developments One Light and Two Light, are at about 98 percent capacity.
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/a ... 72384.html
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Then it sounds like we will be hearing the 4L announcement in the next few months. Hopefully they can announce more than just 4L when they do it.
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

UrbanRoo, I love your optimism. Not being facetious - so refreshing on this site.
KC_Ari
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KC_Ari »

I still expect some sort of official announcement for the Berkley Riverfront site before 4L.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

missingkc wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:59 am UrbanRoo, I love your optimism. Not being facetious - so refreshing on this site.
It’s all going down the drain if the Royals pick NKC. I’m pretty much done with downtown then.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:53 am
missingkc wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:59 am UrbanRoo, I love your optimism. Not being facetious - so refreshing on this site.
It’s all going down the drain if the Royals pick NKC. I’m pretty much done with downtown then.
Oh damn! That turned dark fast!
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

Really. Well, the momentary ray of light between the dark clouds was appreciated.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

missingkc wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:34 pm Really. Well, the momentary ray of light between the dark clouds was appreciated.
Funny thing is I probably said the exact same thing a decade ago at the last Royals vote. :)
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

beautyfromashes wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:19 pm
missingkc wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:34 pm Really. Well, the momentary ray of light between the dark clouds was appreciated.
Funny thing is I probably said the exact same thing a decade ago at the last Royals vote. :)
Difference is if they go to NKC we’ll never ever get out of that one.

Good thing is I don’t think they’re gonna pick that spot.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Went to Dave Chappelle last night, sold out show at T-Mobile. It was a great show. But I was very surprised, happily so, the amount of people just in the downtown area who were not there for the show. The were dinning in P&L and residents walking from their apartments to the show, P&L, street car etc. When I attend events at the arena I usually park at my office building (Commerce) and walk to the event or hop on street car. There were people on the streets from 9th street South. Even walking back after the show was done about 10-10:30 still people walking home and on the streets, and not just because of the show. Yes there were more out because of the show but you could tell it was just people out in their "neighborhood" so to speak. Really great to see and looking forward to even more residents being added, along with tourists and business people. Really making it an all hours sort of destination again. Not that it wasn't but good to see it rebounding after COVID
Jblanco
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Jblanco »

TheUrbanRoo wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:53 am It’s all going down the drain if the Royals pick NKC. I’m pretty much done with downtown then.
Not today Satan! Get behind me.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Water in the pool.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

Just checked on their portal, seems like they have 73 out of 288 apartments available so it should be 73% leased already
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Riverite wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:07 pm Just checked on their portal, seems like they have 73 out of 288 apartments available so it should be 73% leased already
I think that's slightly high but may include units with deposits or intent? Actual leased is just over 58%.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

That’s still pretty damn good for just opening a month ago
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Need to look at their other properties too because there will be some shift. I would expect them to want above 90% at all properties before building again.

It’s been a long time since I was involved in this, but we would typically like above 70% for a hotel and high 80s to 90s for residential.

I wonder if it isn’t high end hotel time for cordish.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

this building looks so much better than the other cordish towers it's unbelievable. shout out to everyone that helped make that happen.