Two Light - 14th & Grand

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
normalthings
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Two Light - 14th & Grand

Post by normalthings » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:22 pm

The Penthouse was honestly just the base unit with an extra bedroom and a higher view. The view wasn’t necessarily any better either. Penthouse bedrooms were disappointingly small.

The #1 most disappointing thing is AirBnB being banned by Cordish. I and people I have been looking at apartments for want the ability to rent the units out when they are not in use.

In other news, is anyone here familiar with the types of events and programming that Cordish puts on? Are there special events for more expensive units?

WoodDraw
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by WoodDraw » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:55 am

After last night, I would love to ban Airbnb. It's annoying as fuck.

DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveKCMO » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:04 am

Moderators have removed personal references from the above posts.

normalthings
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by normalthings » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:19 am

WoodDraw wrote:After last night, I would love to ban Airbnb. It's annoying as fuck.
What happened with your AirBnB ?
Last edited by normalthings on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WoodDraw
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by WoodDraw » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:48 am

[Deleted.]

Best to move on from this weird conversation. Two light looks really cool. I like it. Nothing I said referenced any problem with two light. My comment was edited for good reasons that didn't involve anything I said.

moderne
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by moderne » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:39 am

Across the street from Two Light they have added some nice landscaping with extensive plantings in the narrow strip between Truman and 670. As it fills in it will nicely screen off some of the freeway. If this was done to all of the length of 670 in DT it would be a much cheaper alternative to the lid(better than nothing at all).

KC_JAYHAWK
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KC_JAYHAWK » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:19 pm

Pretty much any street downtown outside PnL needs extensive landscaping. Broadway is probably the most desolate street downtown. The City has really neglected this for too long, but again, it's the KC way.

rxlexi
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by rxlexi » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:45 am

Pretty much any street downtown outside PnL needs extensive landscaping. Broadway is probably the most desolate street downtown. The City has really neglected this for too long, but again, it's the KC way.
Agree. Grand is really bad too. Wish there was a dedicated fund for greening/street trees throughout downtown, they really make a huge difference and improve the pedestrian experience dramatically.

Also, as noted on the Plaza thread, it could use many more street trees as well. I'm still frustrated they removed the more mature trees on the southwest side around Gram & Dunn, etc. several years ago.
Last edited by rxlexi on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

KC_JAYHAWK
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KC_JAYHAWK » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:57 am

Yep, north of the Sprint Center on Grand is horrible. Hopefully with the Traders remodel, the Federal Reserve Embassy Suites and some other development along Grand will spur some new landscaping. And wasn't Grand supposed to be completely re-done with a road diet and new landscaping anyway, like 5 years ago? I mean north of Sprint Center still has the old streetlight posts from the 1970's :oops:

KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light

Post by KCPowercat » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:42 am

Btw noticed the other day the "public" parking lot is closed to residents only when grand is closed. Great idea to put s public lot entrance where we close the street for big events....when people need parking.

wahoowa
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by wahoowa » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:55 pm

i like that this car hole is small, but they need to add that annoying honking thing when pedestrians and cars are about to converge at the entrance so drivers get startled and slow down that you see in other garages like the HRB and UMB garages on walnut. damn near drew a charge on two different vehicles here this weekend.