Plaza move-ins (ongoing)

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Plaza move-ins (ongoing)

Post by Metro »

Those are all good ideas I agree with.

As someone else pointed out lack of development. Development along the new street car line & near Plaza area should be the top priority for the city. It is almost baffling why so little is being done.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Metro wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:01 am Those are all good ideas I agree with.

As someone else pointed out lack of development. Development along the new street car line & near Plaza area should be the top priority for the city. It is almost baffling why so little is being done.
People say “streetcar is the incentive” without really understanding why incentives are ever sought, so it isn’t surprising to see why this corridor isn’t seeing much in the way of Dev or even proposals right now, especially with the Macros.
DMNBT_RCJH
Pad site
Pad site

Post by DMNBT_RCJH »

Nm
KCMOJoe89
Pad site
Pad site

Post by KCMOJoe89 »

Mayor Lucas says he believes a deal to purchase the Plaza will still happen and recent events, including the Shake Shack shooting, haven't left the prospective buyers with cold feet. Acknowledges there may be some real estate closing issues, but nothing suggesting HPVP is no longer interested in this purchase.

Also says the city expects there will be a conversation regarding tax incentives. Not just classic TIF, but believes the strongest ask will be support for security, public works, transportation, and infrastructure.

https://flatlandkc.org/news-issues/nick ... d-cicadas/
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

What more transportation? I suspect they don’t mean bus or rail
Metro
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Metro »

Anyone else left impressed with the River Market development renderings by the new stadium and wondering what the hell we are doing with the plaza? IMO there easily could be a handful of impressive projects going in over there and yet here we are seemingly wondering if some outside group from Dallas will be the plaza with no real vision and a big giant hole surrounded by a parking garage.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

They need to get places new to area by Current Stadium.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Metro wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:01 pm Anyone else left impressed with the River Market development renderings by the new stadium and wondering what the hell we are doing with the plaza? IMO there easily could be a handful of impressive projects going in over there and yet here we are seemingly wondering if some outside group from Dallas will be the plaza with no real vision and a big giant hole surrounded by a parking garage.
The vision there seems different from the Plaza vision I’ve heard from the HP group which is different than the SomeraRoads vision for the WB.

Multiple projects from different developers with deep pockets doesn’t seem like a bad thing to me
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

Express filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and is closing several stores. I noticed the CCP location is NOT listed as a store to close. Zone Rosa's store is scheduled to close.
empires228
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by empires228 »

Midtownkid wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:05 am Express filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and is closing several stores. I noticed the CCP location is NOT listed as a store to close. Zone Rosa's store is scheduled to close.
People in the past have not been kind towards those who have mentioned the tenant rot at Zona Rosa, but I think it’s pretty clear that it has failed as a “mall” at this point and needs to be redeveloped into a true mixed use space. Express also quietly closed at Town Center Plaza.
TheUrbanRoo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by TheUrbanRoo »

Metro wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:01 pm Anyone else left impressed with the River Market development renderings by the new stadium and wondering what the hell we are doing with the plaza? IMO there easily could be a handful of impressive projects going in over there and yet here we are seemingly wondering if some outside group from Dallas will be the plaza with no real vision and a big giant hole surrounded by a parking garage.
The only hope for the Plaza is if they make it a real Plaza. Like that rendering last year envisioned. Other than that, nothing.