Seven301 High Rise Apartments

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
Post Reply
moderne
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 4061
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:50 pm
Location: downtown

Seven301 High Rise Apartments

Post by moderne » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:18 pm

The 40 year old former Ramada Inn to be renovated into apartments with balconys. High rise living in the far north. Great views of the airport traffic!

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 6959
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Seven301 High Rise Apartments

Post by flyingember » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:58 am

what's the address? the 7300 block wouldn't remotely have airport views

User avatar
FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square
Posts: 13170
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:02 pm
Location: Old Northeast -- Indian Mound

Re: Seven301 High Rise Apartments

Post by FangKC » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:07 am

It's this 11-story building. The upper floors probably would have views. The address is 7301 NW Tiffany Springs Parkway.

http://tinyurl.com/m5vgnbc

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... tml?page=2
The apartment project, which will total about 275 units, has been named Seven 301, which refers to its location at 7301 N.W. Tiffany Springs Parkway along Interstate 29.

...

The plan calls for converting the existing 11-story Ramada tower into apartments and building two adjacent towers, one seven floors and the other nine floors. Structured parking also is planned.

...

If the incentives are secured, the owners will button up the hotel building before winter and start on a $20 million first phase in February. That phase, which will result in 102 apartment units, is expected to be completed by next fall, with construction of the second tower beginning six to nine months after that. Following its completion, construction of the third tower would begin after a similar interval.

...

The new apartments will rent in the $800 to $1,110 range, which is lower than other upscale apartment projects coming onto the market, Mayer said.

SWFan
New York Life
New York Life
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:49 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: Seven301 High Rise Apartments

Post by SWFan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:30 pm

Hope this pans out. That hotel is a bit of an eyesore and has been for a good 5 years or more. I think residential space at that location makes much more sense than a hotel.

User avatar
GRID
City Center Square
City Center Square
Posts: 14297
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Seven301 High Rise Apartments

Post by GRID » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:48 am

Interesting, I doubt the second building is ever built though.

User avatar
FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square
Posts: 13170
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:02 pm
Location: Old Northeast -- Indian Mound

Re: Seven301 High Rise Apartments

Post by FangKC » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:29 pm

This project never happened. The property was auctioned off last September. The owner is Amerco Real Estate in Phoenix, a subsidiary of U-Haul. It appears they operate a lot of self-storage facilities, so the former hotel might end up being a self-storage facility.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/20146797 ... s-City-MO/

http://www.amercorealestate.com/default.aspx

cor88b
Parking Garage
Parking Garage
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Re: Seven301 High Rise Apartments

Post by cor88b » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:21 am

FangKC wrote:This project never happened. The property was auctioned off last September. The owner is Amerco Real Estate in Phoenix, a subsidiary of U-Haul. It appears they operate a lot of self-storage facilities, so the former hotel might end up being a self-storage facility.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/20146797 ... s-City-MO/

http://www.amercorealestate.com/default.aspx
Great, that will go fantastic right next to the other storage place.

hartliss
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:05 pm
Location: Brookside

Re: Seven301 High Rise Apartments

Post by hartliss » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:04 pm

cor88b wrote:
FangKC wrote:This project never happened. The property was auctioned off last September. The owner is Amerco Real Estate in Phoenix, a subsidiary of U-Haul. It appears they operate a lot of self-storage facilities, so the former hotel might end up being a self-storage facility.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/20146797 ... s-City-MO/

http://www.amercorealestate.com/default.aspx
Great, that will go fantastic right next to the other storage place.
This recently found its way on one of the CPC meetings in June. Here is a rendering:

Image

northlander152
Parking Garage
Parking Garage
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:04 am

Re: Seven301 High Rise Apartments

Post by northlander152 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:19 pm

hartliss wrote:
cor88b wrote:
FangKC wrote:This project never happened. The property was auctioned off last September. The owner is Amerco Real Estate in Phoenix, a subsidiary of U-Haul. It appears they operate a lot of self-storage facilities, so the former hotel might end up being a self-storage facility.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/20146797 ... s-City-MO/

http://www.amercorealestate.com/default.aspx
Great, that will go fantastic right next to the other storage place.
This recently found its way on one of the CPC meetings in June. Here is a rendering:

Image
That looks awful.

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 6959
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Seven301 High Rise Apartments

Post by flyingember » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:13 am

There's a uhaul building at 16th/Locust that's the same basic model, just smaller.

This is actually a denser design.

shaffe
Penntower
Penntower
Posts: 2347
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Seven301 High Rise Apartments

Post by shaffe » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:10 am

This appears to be officially a thing as UHaul is renting out trucks at this location as of about a week ago. I, for one, am thrilled to see anything at all happen to this building.

cor88b
Parking Garage
Parking Garage
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Re: Seven301 High Rise Apartments

Post by cor88b » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:35 am

northlander152 wrote:
hartliss wrote:
cor88b wrote:
Great, that will go fantastic right next to the other storage place.
This recently found its way on one of the CPC meetings in June. Here is a rendering:

Image
That looks awful.
I mean it looks better than a rotting building.

Post Reply