OFFICIAL - Loews Convention Hotel (formerly Hyatt)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: OFFICIAL - Loews Convention Hotel (formerly Hyatt)

Post by WoodDraw »

Doesn't cordish make some payments in lieu of taxes for places they keep empty? It's been ages since I've looked at that.

I don't know anything about this case, but you'd have an act in good faith and fair dealing clause. The strength of them varies.

Because of covid and the recent craziness in the restaurant and convention business, I highly doubt there's any bad faith here.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

New southfacing sign

moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Letters should be much larger, 10 feet at that height is not enough At least as large as PRESIDENT hotel. But guess they were just trying to fit it on the elevator penthouse.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

travis and patrick opening a steakhouse on the ground level facing Baltimore and soon to be cap - 1587 Prime
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:15 pm travis and patrick opening a steakhouse on the ground level facing Baltimore and soon to be cap - 1587 Prime
Hope they do OK. Seems to be kind of a saturated market in KC. It will compete directly with the place in the P&L District.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Highlander wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:27 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:15 pm travis and patrick opening a steakhouse on the ground level facing Baltimore and soon to be cap - 1587 Prime
Hope they do OK. Seems to be kind of a saturated market in KC. It will compete directly with the place in the P&L District.
I feel like our high end (expense check) steakhouse market maybe the lowest it's ever been in KC. 801, Capital, and I guess Stockhill?
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:53 pm
I feel like our high end (expense check) steakhouse market maybe the lowest it's ever been in KC. 801, Capital, and I guess Stockhill?
High end non-steak house is where the action is today.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

and that's lacking here too. This is going to be more than a traditional steakhouse it sounds like
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

https://www.noble33.com/

Noble 33 has some interesting concepts. Sounds like it'll open in spring/summer 2025
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Pat is the King, but I don't take dining advice from someone that puts ketchup on steak.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

Don't forget Pierponts. Ocean Prime and Eddie V's would also fall under this category, right?
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

This will be the first restaurant fronting on the new 670 park.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

shinatoo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:41 pm Pat is the King, but I don't take dining advice from someone that puts ketchup on steak.
...or who invests in shitty drive-thru hamburger joints.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Midtownkid wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:39 pm

Don't forget Pierponts. Ocean Prime and Eddie V's would also fall under this category, right?
Have done Ocean Prime, 801, and Capital Grille for expensed dinners. I’d say steak is out and local / boutique is in for us. Exclusively Corvino, Jack Stack, and Q39 now. Had a major hotel brand tell as last year that “steakhouse towns” are not where they want to place their lifestyle / luxury flag. Was very impressed by Corvino and other offerings comped to similar sized markets.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

langosta wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:46 pm
Midtownkid wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:39 pm

Have done Ocean Prime, 801, and Capital Grille for expensed dinners. I’d say steak is out and local / boutique is in for us. Exclusively Corvino, Jack Stack, and Q39 now. Had a major hotel brand tell as last year that “steakhouse towns” are not where they want to place their lifestyle / luxury flag. Was very impressed by Corvino and other offerings comped to similar sized markets.
You need better advice.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

DaveKCMO wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:02 pm
shinatoo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:41 pm Pat is the King, but I don't take dining advice from someone that puts ketchup on steak.
...or who invests in shitty drive-thru hamburger joints.
I tried his burger joint, that's where that thought was born.
DMNBT_RCJH
Pad site
Pad site

Post by DMNBT_RCJH »

Will the volleyball tournaments ever end?
UMKCroo
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by UMKCroo »

DMNBT_RCJH wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm Will the volleyball tournaments ever end?
It's nice to see people traversing through the crossroads on foot. A nice departure from the general ghost town vibes Im normally experiencing. It does seem we have become somewhat of a youth/college sports tournament destination, wouldn't be my first pick, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

UMKCroo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:49 pm
DMNBT_RCJH wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm Will the volleyball tournaments ever end?
It's nice to see people traversing through the crossroads on foot. A nice departure from the general ghost town vibes Im normally experiencing. It does seem we have become somewhat of a youth/college sports tournament destination, wouldn't be my first pick, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers.
This is a good audience to bring into KC. National exposure to young adults who in the next 1-5 years will pick where to start their careers and in ~10 years will be starting businesses. Show them what KC is and has to offer ours a city on their radar that they’d never otherwise consider.
DMNBT_RCJH
Pad site
Pad site

Post by DMNBT_RCJH »

I wonder how much Cosentino’s makes on weekends like the past three.

Line was so long yesterday evening with the club teams buying their “hydration” needs.