KC Pic of the Week (12/30/03) River Market

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SonicBoi »

SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

Wow its a great pic and all, but there is nobody there. I mean the place is dead as a doornail. It makes the place look like a ghost town.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

DMW...City Market is a very busy place....just didn't catch anybody in the picture....
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

I know city market is a busy place, I just wish the picture had shown all of that activity.

KCK IS BACK!!!!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Just making sure...when you tell us the most you've done lately is KC Masterpiece, I never know.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Just not a good time of year to see activity... unless the pic is snapped down 5th Street in the evening.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

KC wrote:Just making sure...when you tell us the most you've done lately is KC Masterpiece, I never know.
Last time I was at City Market, I was 18, I am 24 now. I just assumed that it would still be a busy place. I really dont hang out at trendy places too often, not that city market is trendy.

KCK IS BACK!!!!
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

It still is a very busy place. But December in the daytime isn't exactly a hopping time of year for activity at an open-air produce-oriented market. The shops are all still open though and getting business. But at this time of year the most visible action is on 5th Street.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

That shot is on the backside of the market. Even on the busiests of days, the backside has no people. There are other shots in the market square with the skyline that look great.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

ignatius wrote:That shot is on the backside of the market. Even on the busiests of days, the backside has no people. There are other shots in the market square with the skyline that look great.
The skyline looks fantastic from just about anywhere in the River Market. The fact that the streets are at an angle to the grid means you get a diagonal view across the skyline so every bit of the view is filled in... and since ground is physically lower you are looking slightly up.
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SonicBoi »

Ignatious nailed it. This is indeed the back of the market. I only took a few pics with my digi-cam and this is the one that turned out the best. The film pics have not been developed yet and my scanner sucks. Also, this was the day after x-mas, so we were about the only ppl there.
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

heheh. the river market might be more active than other core neighborhoods, but i'd say that it's more or less dead except on saturday mornings or other times there is something big going on.