GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
FlippantCitizen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by FlippantCitizen »

I knew on an intellectual level that Taylor Swift was the most famous/popular pop star and there was a community of pretty intense fans but no one in my circle has ever been a Swifty except for maybe my wife's step sisters. I honestly I did not get the extent of her fame before this past year. I started to kind of get it when my neighbor who my wife was friendly with flew to four different cities over the course of the summer to see Taylor Swift shows. Then it really got driven home with the Travis/Taylor media craze. The public obsession with her is literally driving some people to the brink of insanity.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

"Coach Reid confirms that Charles Omenihu tore his ACL. Joe Thuney (pectoral) also won’t practice today, although Coach added that Thuney “is making progress,” and “he’s not counted out.” They’ll just see how he does.

No other injuries to report for the Chiefs today."
https://twitter.com/KCChiefs_Matt/statu ... 3280586978

Would be wild if Thuney plays, I heard he was getting a couple evaluations on a potential torn pectoral. Nick Allegretti was absolutely a stud filling in for him in the AFCCG. Kelce shouted him out on his podcast yesterday for what a great job he did stepping up.

Our Defense has been pretty banged up with Omenihu out. Mike Danna and Karlafkis will start but the other backups haven't gotten much playing time either. Would LOL if we re-sign Clark the Shark just to hype Chris Jones up.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/posts/how-w ... ard-injury
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

alejandro46 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:16 pm Our Defense has been pretty banged up with Omenihu out. Mike Danna and Karlafkis will start but the other backups haven't gotten much playing time either. Would LOL if we re-sign Clark the Shark just to hype Chris Jones up.

What has happened to the #1 draft pick?
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Highlander wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:26 pm
alejandro46 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:16 pm Our Defense has been pretty banged up with Omenihu out. Mike Danna and Karlafkis will start but the other backups haven't gotten much playing time either. Would LOL if we re-sign Clark the Shark just to hype Chris Jones up.

The same thing that happens with most #1 draft picks...
bspecht
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by bspecht »

I assume you mean first round pick (#31)? Felix just turned 22, building out an NFL body and prepping for a bigger role next season. Hasn't been a lot of reason to play him, no reason to think he isn't capable imo.
bspecht
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by bspecht »

im2kull wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:53 pm

You can't be talking about the Chiefs here, they haven't had a 1st or early 2nd round "miss" in over a decade. Sometimes it takes a year for body & system fit, and that's why you draft a young DE, also see that Mahomes guy.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

bspecht wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:02 pm

I assume you mean first round pick (#31)? Felix just turned 22, building out an NFL body and prepping for a bigger role next season. Hasn't been a lot of reason to play him, no reason to think he isn't capable imo.
Yep (#1 for the Chiefs). Just haven't seen him a lot this season or much lately. I guess he's not an option to fill in for Omenihu?
bspecht
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by bspecht »

Highlander wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 pm
bspecht wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:02 pm

Yep (#1 for the Chiefs). Just haven't seen him a lot this season or much lately. I guess he's not an option to fill in for Omenihu?
He's an option, just the inexperience in a massive game. Has 14 tackles in limited snaps, hasn't been able to pressure the QB much yet.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

bspecht wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:10 pm

You can't be talking about the Chiefs here, they haven't had a 1st or early 2nd round "miss" in over a decade. Sometimes it takes a year for body & system fit, and that's why you draft a young DE, also see that Mahomes guy.
CEH, and possible former Chief Tee Higgins went directly after him too. Probably their biggest first round whiff in a while but still not awful. They learned their lesson 12 months later by drafting Pacheco in the 7th, ooh baby what a pick.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

Charles Omenihu coming back mostly I think. He had more snaps earlier in the year but once Omenihu returned those snaps plummeted.

Nate Taylor wrote a great piece on this not too long ago: https://theathletic.com/5166884/2023/12 ... -learning/
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:01 pm
bspecht wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:10 pm

CEH, and possible former Chief Tee Higgins went directly after him too. Probably their biggest first round whiff in a while but still not awful. They learned their lesson 12 months later by drafting Pacheco in the 7th, ooh baby what a pick.
CEH hasn't been great but he's made a contribution. Skyy Moore is probably a little closer to being a whiff. Time will tell. The Chiefs tend to score big in late round picks - Pacheco - what a find.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

BREAKING: Unconfirmed reports that the Chiefs have won yet another Super Bowl.

No link, but can anyone confirm this?

Big if ture.
KC is the way to be!
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

AllThingsKC wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:51 am BREAKING: Unconfirmed reports that the Chiefs have won yet another Super Bowl.

No link, but can anyone confirm this?

Big if ture.
I received a clandestine copy of the script before the game but was sworn to secrecy. Kind of took the suspense out of it for me.

All of that aside, It was great and hoping for a Threepeat!! Who is going to the Parade?
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

I continue to work to wrap my mind around just how good the Chiefs are and the successes that one might expect in the future if things continue going well. Like, I see it, I've watched it, I've been reading about it all morning...but the last 5 years remain surreal to me.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

smh wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:31 pm I continue to work to wrap my mind around just how good the Chiefs are and the successes that one might expect in the future if things continue going well. Like, I see it, I've watched it, I've been reading about it all morning...but the last 5 years remain surreal to me.
I understand the feeling. Watching the game last night, regardless of how poorly the offense performed at times, it felt like a win was inevitable, especially when the Chiefs kept hanging around after SF blew chances to go up by more than two scores. The only surprise really was that we scored on 1st down rather than 3rd down in OT.

It's difficult to be this good this long in the NFL but the Chiefs keep getting the right players in the draft (often late in the draft) and free agency to complement Mahomes and the other key player and eke out wins when needed the most.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

The "KANSAS CITY" signs put up on the US port cocheres for the NFL draft are back up. Wonder what else from the draft will be recycled for the victory celebration on V day.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Did anyone see the president's tweet? A bit creepy, and no idea what the deal is. Intern gone wild?
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

im2kull wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:55 pm Did anyone see the president's tweet? A bit creepy, and no idea what the deal is. Intern gone wild?
It’s probably in relation to people on the far right thinking Taylor Swift is a Biden/DNC psyop to get Swifites to vote for Biden this November.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

It’s called a

Uh

Joke
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

A Superbowl victory parade is the closest thing in the modern world to an ancient Roman triumphal parade. Then the victorious heroes marched into the city down the Via Sacra, around the imperial basilicas to the base of the Capitoline hill that was capped with temples above. Along the way they displayed loot, booty, and captured enslaved people.. Here we have the heroes marching down Grand ending at the KC version of a Roman monument(Union Station). The parade ends at the base of Liberty Memorial hill with its serene temple above. The Lombardi trophy is the loot. Will Taylor Swift be displayed as if a prize of battle?