Troost developments

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
moderne
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Troost developments

Post by moderne » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Jesus caffeine and protein?

chaglang
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by chaglang » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:01 pm

KCtoBrooklyn wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:59 pm
The parapet detail work on the Firestone building at Linwwod and Troost is getting cleaned up. Anyone know if there is anything behind that (new owner/tenant)?
Could be. There was obviously a cleanup effort happening in that building last week that resulted in an enormous pile of hoarder-grade detritus on the sidewalk. Maybe that Tim Bowman project is happening?

KCtoBrooklyn
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by KCtoBrooklyn » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:39 pm

Which was the Tim Bowman project? Was that part of Troost Market Collective?

It looks like the building is still on the market, but maybe it hasn't been updated yet.

chaglang
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by chaglang » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:26 pm

It was in the same buildings as the Troost Market Collective, IIRC, but not part of the same development. If that makes any sense.

tskev
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by tskev » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:44 am

The Firestone is still on the market, but the development partners have taken ownership.

The Herrons were foreclosed on, so work is being done to the building and their junk is being moved out. This is not owned by Tim Bowman. He owns 3103 Troost (Native American building), 3115 (Shankman) and 3131 (Michelson).

KCtoBrooklyn
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by KCtoBrooklyn » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:52 am

So did Clemons take ownership?

Getting the property out of the Herrons' hands (and having a clean title) sounds like a good thing.

Do you know if more of their properties are being foreclosed?

tskev
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by tskev » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Clemons is a minority partner with some other money partners. They are managing the development, looking to either sell or lease the properties. The Troost Market Collective is a potential tenant but nothing is signed I believe.

I believe the Herrons are completely off the block. They still have ownership of the small parking lot on the west side, the Belmont and a few vacant parcels nearby though.

KCtoBrooklyn
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by KCtoBrooklyn » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Well, the cast concrete details on the Firestone building look a lot better with the staining/discoloration gone, but I don't love the way the brick looks now. More significantly, it looks like the cleaners may have caused some considerable damage:
Before:

After

Before:

After

beautyfromashes
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by beautyfromashes » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:35 pm

I saw that too. I’m hoping that they are just tucking and will go back and clean off excess grout, restoring the original color.

Also, the building at Linwood and Gilliam is being worked on. The wood window coverings were removed a few weeks ago. That one could look nice. Anyone have info?

TheLastGentleman
New York Life
New York Life

Post by TheLastGentleman » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:03 pm

Is it possible the details were taken off to be restored? When the boley building got restored I think they ended up removing almost the entire facade before cleaning reattaching it

KCtoBrooklyn
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by KCtoBrooklyn » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:00 pm

It is possible that they were intentionally removed, but they look more broken off to me. You can see the Firestone logo piece still sitting behind there, so if it is going for restoration, it hasn't made it very far.

There were also no signs of any work going on, or even any tools/materials from the workers. That gave me the impression that they might have stopped abruptly and left after an accident, rather than this still being a work in progress.

Hopefully, I'm wrong. Or they are at least able get the costs of the repair covered.

KCtoBrooklyn
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by KCtoBrooklyn » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:02 pm

beautyfromashes wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:35 pm
Also, the building at Linwood and Gilliam is being worked on. The wood window coverings were removed a few weeks ago. That one could look nice. Anyone have info?
I'm not sure if you are referring to the building on Gillham Rd or Gillham Plaza, because there are buildings being renovated on both of those streets at Linwood. They are discussed in this thread:

http://kcrag.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18275

beautyfromashes
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by beautyfromashes » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:07 pm

TheLastGentleman wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:03 pm
Is it possible the details were taken off to be restored? When the boley building got restored I think they ended up removing almost the entire facade before cleaning reattaching it
Perhaps, they are removing Firestone symbol. Would be cool to modify it into a T for Troost.

beautyfromashes
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by beautyfromashes » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 pm

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: I'm not sure if you are referring to the building on Gillham Rd or Gillham Plaza, because there are buildings being renovated on both of those streets at Linwood.
Gillham Rd, just east of the Jiffy Lube.

KCtoBrooklyn
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by KCtoBrooklyn » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:48 pm

That is the Acme Cleaning building. The same Colorado developer who is behind the Wonder Lofts at 30th and Troost is renovating it. I believe it will be all residential (28 units). At one point, they might have been discussing a mixed-use component, but I think that is no longer the case