KS v. MO #123

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

KS v. MO #123

Post by FangKC »

I dont' know anything about Marinovich so I don't have any opinion about her. It is true that Wyandotte Cty won't be getting any property tax revenue from those big box stores in W. Wyan. Cty., but won't they be getting a share of the sales taxes generated by commerce there? Isn't that better than no tax revenue that existed before those places opened?
There is no fifth destination.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

KS v. MO #123

Post by trailerkid »

as for Marinovich, I hate that sell out bitch
Jeez DeadMan...please tell us how you really feel...don't hold back

And I think inner KCK has to be almost level with Gary, Indiana by now.

I wish we could dead this Ks/Mo infighting. I realize there is still Ks/Mo fighting going on at a civic, populace, political, and university level, but IT IS NOT MAKING KANSAS CITY BETTER. Minneapolis, Dallas-FW, and Denver probably squabble over suburbs, but nothing as divisive as this Mo/Ks bull$%*@. For the 1,342nd time, fighting over State Line Road is a waste of damn time!!!
KCDevin

KS v. MO #123

Post by KCDevin »

but its a tradition ;)
weve been fighting ever since the Civil War.
ImageImage
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

KS v. MO #123

Post by QueSi2Opie »

DeadManWalking wrote:As for the flat as a pancake bit, I guarantee that Wyandotte County is one of the hilliest in Kansas and it's landscape is much more similar to Missouri than the rest of Kansas.
Go check out Doniphan County, Kansas, especially along Highway 7 and 36 (Wathena to White Cloud). They have forested hills that reach nearly 1,200 feet...beautiful country. As far as the hilliest counties, I'd say Chase County along Highway 177 (Cottonwood Falls all the way to Manhattan) or Barber County south of Highway 160 (near Medicine Lodge and Ted Turner's Bison Ranch).
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
eliphar17
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

KS v. MO #123

Post by eliphar17 »

My high school, Shawnee Mission Northwest, has won the Kansas 6A boys' cross country title 10 years in a row, and the girls have won 8 out of the last 10 years. Because NE Johnson County is considerably hillier than most of the rest of the state, we are better than most teams at the state meet at Rim Rock Farm north of Lawrence, which is really hilly.

P.S. The boys' current 10-year streak is the 7th-longest of all time for boy's cross country (in the whole country, not just Kansas).
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

KS v. MO #123

Post by phxcat »

Hey, Eliphar, are you running cross country at NW now? I ran there when I was in high school. That is a hell of a program!
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KS v. MO #123

Post by KCK »

FangKC wrote:I dont' know anything about Marinovich so I don't have any opinion about her. It is true that Wyandotte Cty won't be getting any property tax revenue from those big box stores in W. Wyan. Cty., but won't they be getting a share of the sales taxes generated by commerce there? Isn't that better than no tax revenue that existed before those places opened?
The sales tax revenue is being used to pay back all the debt incurred by building the track and village west. Since the debt is pretty high, there is no telling when Kansas Citians will see a dime. This stinks of another Woodlands Racetrack deal. At first developers were all over the Woodlands promising to build up West Wyandotte, but after 2 years of delays, it became obvious that area wasnt ever going to be developed. For example, the Legends was supposed to have started construction 2 years ago, by the original timetable and was supposed to open spring 2004. Where the hell is it? Reds bumped back the construction dates and put the project start date off until 2004. Im a realist I know the truth. It isnt ever going to be built. Kansas City Kansas is full of failed shit like this. The mayor needs to be realistic and try to get a lot more new housing built in KCK, and try to attract types of businesses other than industrial ones. I want normal development in KCK, not some fool's pipedream of a midwest DisneyWorld.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!