KS v. MO #123

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

KS v. MO #123

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KCDevin wrote:John Brown was not a good christian you don't go about killing people and raiding in the name of the bible and jesus (the crusades were bad too)
Joseph Smith is an awesome Mormon, the Garden of Eden is in Jackson County and Adam was created by God near the Grand River in Gallatin, Missouri.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCDevin

KS v. MO #123

Post by KCDevin »

... the garden of eden will never be found bud. and if it is, we cannot enter it.
And according to LDS (or RLDS?) jesus will return to the community of christ spire and land on top of it like a bird...
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

KS v. MO #123

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

KCDevin wrote:... the garden of eden will never be found bud. and if it is, we cannot enter it.
And according to LDS (or RLDS?) jesus will return to the community of christ spire and land on top of it like a bird...
What is this crap? Hey Bible Boy, go preach somewhere else.
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
KCDevin

KS v. MO #123

Post by KCDevin »

we were on the subject of Mormans and religion so I replied ;)
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

KS v. MO #123

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

Oh okay, just giving you a hard time. :wink:
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KS v. MO #123

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KCDevin wrote:Missouri is much greener with more trees. We also are not as flat as a pancake (you know, actual research proves that)
Kansas...

Missouri...

http://www.beerlovercam.com/images/redn ... ecksex.jpg
Last edited by QueSi2Opie on Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCDevin

KS v. MO #123

Post by KCDevin »

it may have a few hills and stuff, but it is flatter than a pancake (have to trust the research by big universities ;))
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

KS v. MO #123

Post by phxcat »

... the garden of eden will never be found bud. and if it is, we cannot enter it.
If I were to hide the Garden of Eden where nobody would think to look for it, Independence, MO would sopund like a great place to me!

Devin, sometime you make some extremely misguided statements, and nobosy knows this better than you. I let those go because I know you are young and exuverant about things like size and height of buildings, but you are out of control right now. The research on the pancake was using the flattest stretch of land in Kansas. Using Northern Missouri, they would have come up with the same data. The pancakes that they were using had craters in them that would have been the equivalent of dropping several Canyons along I-70. Also, if Kansas were a pancake, all the syrup would roll off into the Eastern edge in Missori.

The statement about the speedway is just plain idiotic. It does not belong in Missouri- it belongs where it goes. What do you think gives you the right to designate Kansas for agriculture and manufacturing? Kansas and Wyandotte County have to do what is right for themselves. Do you really believe that the city leaders of Kansas City Kansas can look at their city, a very real central city with all of the problems of an urban center without the economic development to make ends meet, and say "It sure would be nice to lurein some economic development like a NASCAR track, but no, that should really be in Missouri!"

Lastly, speedways do not belong in urban areas. If it went downtown, you would hate it. It would be a huge swath of wasted land downtown, surrounded by parking.
KCDevin

KS v. MO #123

Post by KCDevin »

I don't care if it was built in Kansas it should have been in Missouri. Kansas should be for agriculture and manufacturing. It will never be the state Missouri is, so it shouldn't even attempt.
Kansas will never compare to Missouri. IMO Kansas should have stayed a territory. I don't like Kansas get over it. It stole KCTV, it stole our business, it stole our speedway, it stole cabelas, it stole lots of things Missouri should have had in the first place. If you would want KCMO to succeed you wouldn't want the things in Kansas. It doesnt benefit a city in Missouri to have things in Kansas.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KS v. MO #123

Post by tat2kc »

Saw a sign at some exit off I-70 in western KS for the Garden of Eden. Who knew it was in KS? :wink:
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
GuyInLenexa
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

KS v. MO #123

Post by GuyInLenexa »

Gee, does that make us East of Eden.................
Devin,
I hope you are just jesting regarding your opinion. I know you are just a young guy, but still. An attitude to a large part of the city you love so much is not fostering unity and growth.
I always thought that this rivalry (which I still have not idea why it is) was more of a MO vs KS thing.
KS is here, it will not go away, it will continue to grow, you should get over it. It may be healthier for you to maybe find a nice girl at your church to spend time with than being obsessed over skyscrapers and KCMO.
I bet your mom and dad would agree.

[/i]
KCDevin

KS v. MO #123

Post by KCDevin »

they dont really care if I have a girlfriend or not (BTW, I tried that already a few years ago ;))
GuyInLenexa
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

KS v. MO #123

Post by GuyInLenexa »

Hey, you just can't give up on one!
You appear to be very bright and have an uncanny drive to express what you believe.
I just feel that you should not get to the extent that you actually feel anger to specific areas like KS. Maybe you should try a JOCO girl????
LOL
I know you love KC and skyscrapers and such. You just should not let things cause you to hate or wish something was not there, like KS.
I love TX, I thought MO and KS were totally inbred backwoods compared to Dallas, but now that I have live here I know it has a lot that we did not have back in DFW.
Of course this is IMHO.
Just try to expand your interest.
I can promise you, KCMO will grow, all of its cities will also. Being divided by the two states is one of the unique differences this great city has.
Can you really see a change when you drive down 75th across State Line?
I can't.
Actually, it would be kind of cool if Greater KC would build some type of tall structure/monument or observation tower on the state line.
A monument to new unity. A new signiture structure for the city.
People could look at it and be reminded of unity.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, crazy ideas, I need to logoff and go home!
:)
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Borders

Post by FangKC »

It's just too bad that those involved in setting the state and territorial boundaries didn't have the good sense to have placed the Missouri-Kansas border about 60 miles due west of where it is now. Then we wouldn't be having this argument. ;-)

Sort of makes one pine for the old city-states of the ancient world.
There is no fifth destination.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

KS v. MO #123

Post by phxcat »

Yeach, but then we would be at war with St. Louis all the time.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

KS v. MO #123

Post by rxlexi »

haha Fang so true. I see it like this...i understand the reality of the situation and I definitely understand why one could choose to live in JoCo, and these people don't necessarily bother me. However, everytime, for example, Overland Park or Olathe/anytown USA announce their plans for an arena or convention center I get angry. Suburbs that intentionally try to compete and take business from a struggling city center are no friends of mine. Besides, MO-Kan is a fun rivalry, and I've had to deal with idoitic comments made like 'hehe, dude, north of 95th street is like, the ghetto.', granted this comment came from someone I believe to be maybe in 8th grade, but nonetheless the ignorance of many people regarding their own city (though some live so far from the core that I wonder if it really is their city anymore, i.e. 160th and Lamar hahahahahaha :puke: ). is really sad.
Anyway to me it's not so much MO vs. Kan, it's the city and areas relatively close to the urban core on either side of the state line vs. the suburbs. And in that respect I find it hard to justify the drive to compete with and better the city that spawned the 'burbs in the first place, though of course it is well within their rights :evil:
Alexi
are we spinning free?
KCDevin

KS v. MO #123

Post by KCDevin »

im really starting to hate Overland Park. they take our businesses and the worst part is they keep expanding. We should just take the majority of their businesses and ruin them right now. :evil: curse OP!!
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KS v. MO #123

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KCDevin wrote:im really starting to hate Overland Park. they take our businesses and the worst part is they keep expanding. We should just take the majority of their businesses and ruin them right now. :evil: curse OP!!
Spoken like a true Christian...hate and curse.

Seriously, do you really think the citizens of OP give a $hit about things like an OP arena or having a better mall than the Northland (unless, of course, you're a high school teenie bopper)? The only thing citizens in JOCO really care about is having a decent job, having a nice home, nice schools and parks, and so on. Most JOCO residents don't blink an eye when they announce an arena in Olathe or Overland Park. However, after H&R Block and Cordish Co. made their announcement on Thursday, many people out here were sayin' things like,"Wow, this is great for downtown...now maybe we'll have a reason to go down there. Hopefully Kansas City won't screw it up like they did the Power & Light District."

As far as your childish statements regarding Kansas, you should curve your hatred away from your neighbor. Kansas is a beautiful state with beautiful/unique towns and landscapes, wonderful people, and a great history. I'm jus' as proud of being a Kansan as I am a Kansas Citian. I also love having Missouri as a close neighbor and believe downtown KCMO is a priority because it gives us all (in the metro) our identity. I'm sorry you feel the way you do about Kansas, maybe you should come visit us sometime and actually open your eyes.

KCDevin

KS v. MO #123

Post by KCDevin »

i have opened my eyes, kansas isnt for me. its got really nice roads and cabelas is nice but I'd rather have a Bass Pro Shop.
It reminds me of texas and oklahoma. I like texas best out of the three but kansas is too much like it and too close.
Its too open for me.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KS v. MO #123

Post by KCK »

KCDevin wrote:I don't care if it was built in Kansas it should have been in Missouri. Kansas should be for agriculture and manufacturing. It will never be the state Missouri is, so it shouldn't even attempt.
Kansas will never compare to Missouri. IMO Kansas should have stayed a territory. I don't like Kansas get over it. It stole KCTV, it stole our business, it stole our speedway, it stole cabelas, it stole lots of things Missouri should have had in the first place. If you would want KCMO to succeed you wouldn't want the things in Kansas. It doesnt benefit a city in Missouri to have things in Kansas.
Devin, I dont think you know what Cabela's is. It is a big hunting, camping, and fishing store. Last time I checked, there wasnt a lot of hunting, fishing, or camping going on in downtown. Not to mention it is a big box store(although a very well designed one) it would be so out of place downtown it isnt funny. Meanwhile western KCK is rural, and Cabela's is 5 minutes from Wyandotte County Lake, the Missouri river, and the Kansas River. Last time I checked it wasnt even safe to eat fish from the Missouri or Kansas rivers downtown, not that you can reach them climbing through the industrial yards. Now as for a downtown racetrack, I agree it is too far out, but not downtown KCMO. I was thinking somewhere near the airport. Why not put all of the loud annoying things as far away from the human population as possible. As for the flat as a pancake bit, I guarantee that Wyandotte County is one of the hilliest in Kansas and it's landscape is much more similar to Missouri than the rest of Kansas.

Now as for Marinovich, I hate that sell out bitch. She squanders the city's money out in a farm field in the west part of town while eastern KCK dies. Here is something that the dumb bitch refuses to figure out. How will KCK ever see a single dime of the tax revenue created from the speedway if they let all the builders out there be tax free for 30 years? The whole time they operate tax free, KCK residents swallow the costs with even higher personal property taxes. After 30 years NFM, Cabela's, and Nascar move out and leave KCK with big ugly debt. Meanwhile those in eastern KCK are fed up and move to Johnson and Leavenworth counties. Those left are sitting in a mess that stinks of Gary, Indiana. Devin, dont worry about wyco, we will never be anything at this rate.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!