OFFICIAL: Power & Light District

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Re: OFFICIAL: Power & Light District

Post by taxi »

bricknose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:47 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:42 am
bricknose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:41 am I went to Ice House the other night. I asked if they had fall-off-the-bone ribs and they explained that pork ribs don’t really do that, and that’s more what beef ribs do.

I’ve been to Texas Roadhouse many times and really enjoy their super tender ribs that you can eat with a knife and fork, no fingers required. There’s no way those were beef ribs. The rack bones were the same size.

So, what the hell?
They are correct. You ate boiled ribs. You may like that and all but consider the two places
Fair enough. I do like them that way.

Any recommendations for places in KC that do it that style, apart from Texas Roadhouse itself?
Go to Guy and May's in Williamsburg, KS. About an hour drive, but worth it.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Who else got their $113 from the class action lawsuit against Shark Bar's texting?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:51 am Who else got their $113 from the class action lawsuit against Shark Bar's texting?
The whole city.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

enormous crowd for a seemingly unorganized event at the live district for the womens title game today. was awesome walking by during the tipoff and hearing roars erupt when something happened. not at the level of like a road playoff chiefs game obviously but didn't seem way off from some of those international soccer matches. i'm sure it benefited from the out of town crowd for the volleyball tournament that i think is going on, but if so still cool to see out of towners know where to accumulate.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

wahoowa wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:03 pm enormous crowd for a seemingly unorganized event at the live district for the womens title game today. was awesome walking by during the tipoff and hearing roars erupt when something happened. not at the level of like a road playoff chiefs game obviously but didn't seem way off from some of those international soccer matches. i'm sure it benefited from the out of town crowd for the volleyball tournament that i think is going on, but if so still cool to see out of towners know where to accumulate.
Walked through during the game. Was shocked how many people were there. Definitely a lot of volleyball families.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

wahoowa wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:03 pm enormous crowd for a seemingly unorganized event at the live district for the womens title game today. was awesome walking by during the tipoff and hearing roars erupt when something happened. not at the level of like a road playoff chiefs game obviously but didn't seem way off from some of those international soccer matches. i'm sure it benefited from the out of town crowd for the volleyball tournament that i think is going on, but if so still cool to see out of towners know where to accumulate.
That's always been the vision right? Organized events but also a gathering place for days exactly like today. They've had good crowds all weekend watching sports outside according to my sources there.

Also - Bobby Witt Jr has a favorite restaurant and it's in Power & Light District -

https://www.kansascity.com/living/food- ... p4v_ep2wUP
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Be cool if they made a way to make like a Sunday day baseball game watch party a more organized event. I've done it a couple times just to be in a 3rd place and be outside with baseball game on but it's never very active.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:31 pm Be cool if they made a way to make like a Sunday day baseball game watch party a more organized event. I've done it a couple times just to be in a 3rd place and be outside with baseball game on but it's never very active.
They've done those before, even with the Royals involved bringing down Slugger but never much of a turnout. They try and have all Royals games up when there's not something more in demand to show but even then, it's typically one or two hardcore Royals fans paying attention. If the Royals can keep it up, maybe that demand will come back and so will the crowds.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

DColeKC wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:51 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:31 pm Be cool if they made a way to make like a Sunday day baseball game watch party a more organized event. I've done it a couple times just to be in a 3rd place and be outside with baseball game on but it's never very active.
They've done those before, even with the Royals involved bringing down Slugger but never much of a turnout. They try and have all Royals games up when there's not something more in demand to show but even then, it's typically one or two hardcore Royals fans paying attention. If the Royals can keep it up, maybe that demand will come back and so will the crowds.
I remember the shots of P&L for the Wildcard and it was absolutely insane.

Would love to see the synergy from a CR stadium in conjunction with events like today and how P&L would be performing
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

DColeKC wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:25 pm Also - Bobby Witt Jr has a favorite restaurant and it's in Power & Light District -

https://www.kansascity.com/living/food- ... 85910.html
Makes sense considering he somewhat recently moved to Three Light
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Cratedigger wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:16 am
DColeKC wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:25 pm Also - Bobby Witt Jr has a favorite restaurant and it's in Power & Light District -

https://www.kansascity.com/living/food- ... 85910.html
Makes sense considering he somewhat recently moved to Three Light
Yep.