KC should look to STL for rail

Transportation topics in KC
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

lol jive, do you think you have the right to come on here and insult our city? we have the respect to not go onto any STL forums and insult your city. Your just being really disrespectful and rude. I don't even hate STL anymore. You are the only one who has a hate for the other city, and your the only one who is accusing us of being jealous or any crap like that of STL. From what I have seen since I met you, you don't have any respect for others unless they agree with you.
JivecitySTL
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by JivecitySTL »

LOL! I never said Kansas City is a bad place or that I don't like it, I said it thinks small (which it does). You can take that any way you want to. I actually enjoy KC.
You can't spell STYLE without STL.
www.stl-style.com
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

You think KC thinks small? hehehe what about KC Live! or the whole Crown Center redevelopment? How about a certain company that proposed a major tourist destination in KC, and which they already have people promising to invest half the money needed for them?
Ok, Lets stop this now, I don't want to get into another fight...
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Yes, no more fighting, now that Devin's had his say.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

he had his shot and I had mine, were even ;)
STL_Lover
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by STL_Lover »

GuyedGuy strikes agian!!!!!

This thread is hilarious,WWWEEEEEEE!!!!
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

JivecitySTL wrote:And lastly, it seems like this entire KC forum suffers from an STL inferiority complex. St. Louis is everywhere on this board.
While it is true that KC does have somewhat of an inferiority complex regarding STL, don't flatter yourself too much. Of the 22 STL threads in the "outside KC" forum, 17 were started by STL forumers. That's not including this thread, also started by a STL forumer. And STL isn't the only special city who is bashed on this forum. Ask eomaha. The city bashing is a problem that has been previously addressed....but don't even act as if there haven't been many posts praising STL as well.

I was very glad to see you join this forum, until I saw that 2 of your 3 posts thus far have been trashing KC. I'd enjoy hearing what a very urban-minded individual from STL has to say regarding KC projects....without the angle of being on a high horse.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

how do we think we are inferior to STL? Why do we even care?
No city is greater than another! How many times have I said that?
God made every city (like every person) different than another.
There is only 1 city that will outlast and will be greater than any city that we will ever make.
KC is not inferior to STL, STL is not inferior to KC. In fact, KC isn't even inferior to NYC, and neither is STL. Just b/c a city lacks people in their metro, or city, or lacks a certain number of buildings, or is a whole lot smaller doesn't make it inferior.

Oh and you know what? I don't care about my past anymore. GuyedGuy is gone, I have changed and i'm still changing. Nothing can make me go back to my former ways.
Last edited by KCDevin on Sun May 02, 2004 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

So Goodland, KS is not inferior to Hong Kong?
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

No it isn't.
If you say another city is inferior to yours, you are being biast. You cannot claim one city is better than another.
People live in cities mostly because they like them (unless they are there for business) and they like the lifestyle. People from STL cannot claim KC is inferior b/c they love their city alot, and therefor believe their city is better than ours, whereas we do likewise. It is also pointless to use statistics and studies to claim which city is the best or more urban. I love KC, but I don't like to bash other cities just b/c I think KC is better than them. Saying your city is better than another is the same as saying I like my city more than yours.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

STL envies Chicago, just as Atlanta envies NYC. In the end, who cares?
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

JivecitySTL wrote:It is one of the most successful light rail lines in the country...
What? StL rail flushes $20 M a year less down the drain than systems in Houston or St. Lake. Guess we'll just never be successful.
JivecitySTL wrote:LOL! I never said Kansas City is a bad place or that I don't like it, I said it thinks small (which it does). You can take that any way you want to. I actually enjoy KC.
Yeah, I guess we missed out on that Mills mall and the celebrated arrival of a gap store downtown...we just think too darn small...
Last edited by trailerkid on Sun May 02, 2004 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCforumer

Post by KCforumer »

We are a lesser city than STL. And Kansas Citians on skyscraper forums do have an inferiority complex with STL. And I do see a bit of a "high horse" view from STL forumers. The STL forumers need to just allow some people to believe KC is just as good or better than their city, no need to argue, just let them believe so they feel good with themselves.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

We are a lesser city than STL
Oh really? By whose standards?
KCforumer

Post by KCforumer »

trailerkid wrote:
JivecitySTL wrote:LOL! I never said Kansas City is a bad place or that I don't like it, I said it thinks small (which it does). You can take that any way you want to. I actually enjoy KC.
Yeah, I guess we missed out on that Mills mall and the celebrated arrival of a gap store downtown...we just think too small.

I hope downtown KC will eventually be able to pull in some average retailers such as Gap. We need a designated area for those types of stores, as discussed in another thread.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

KCforumer wrote:We are a lesser city than STL. And Kansas Citians on skyscraper forums do have an inferiority complex with STL. And I do see a bit of a "high horse" view from STL forumers. The STL forumers need to just allow some people to believe KC is just as good or better than their city, no need to argue, just let them believe so they feel good with themselves.
I don't know about anyone else, but I would never want to live in St. Louis...I see no advantages personally over KC.
KCforumer

Post by KCforumer »

KCDevin wrote:
We are a lesser city than STL
Oh really? By whose standards?
It is too obvious. Saying no city is better than another is like saying no person is better than another. This isn't kindergarten.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

some like living here than others.
No one has the right to say one city is lesser or better than another.
Saying no city is better than another is like saying no person is better than another.
No one person is better than another. The pope is no better than you or me. We are all equal and we are all sinners. We are all equal in God's eyes and so therefore no one is better than another.
God doesn't like one person over another, and he doesn't like one city over another, so why should we be different?
KCforumer

Post by KCforumer »

Some people don't give a shit about God.

I do have the right to say one city is better than the other.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

who says you have that right? The constitution? No, that just gives you the right to free speech. You don't have the moral right to say such things.
Some people don't give a shit about God.
Do you think I care if you don't believe in God? Even if you don't believe in him that doesn't mean you shouldnt try to live like he wants you to.
The ten commandments werent made just for the jewish people. They were written for the entire world.