Driskill Resigns from MO DED

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Joe Driskill is resigning as director of the MO Dept. of Economic Development to become director of the state's technology development effort. He never seemed very helpful for the KC area, in particular when we asked for help competing with the Kansas suburbs. Plus he was outright opposed to MODESA.

His new job will include life sciences development, so now that area will probably suffer against competition from Kansas and St. Louis.

http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansa ... ily33.html
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »

This is a fantastic development!!!! The guy is a stuffed shirt...in fact, I've heard he mows in a white starched shirt.

His departure is a MAJOR WIN for Missouri Eco Devo Pros!
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

alright, good news.....now sounds like the Life Science people get to deal with him.

G2G...I think you need a new job....lead this state where it's supposed to be led.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »

I'm up for a challenge.

First let's craft some aggressive incentive policies avaialable to all firms that qualify according to state statute. No more rule bending or legislative changes at the last minute. Either the company in question is in a target industry with a suitable number of jobs and capital investment or its' not.

Second, if Kansas wants to play ball...let's f-ing play ball! Craft a series of inducments aimed at retaining firms. As soon as MO can dulute the impact of the "new business" incentives in KS, the sooner we can put this border jumping bullsh*t to rest.

Third, start marketing this state like a mother! KS has field reps in Chicago, LA, NY and HONG KONG interacting with site selection consultants and major real estate brokerage firms every day. You can't recruit from a desk in Jefferson City. Firms will not stumble onto Missouri....Missouri must find them!

Whoop ASS!
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Update... Former KC City Councilmember Kelvin Simmons will be the new Econ. Dev. Director. Great news for KC to have a local guy in this very important position.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/7468648.htm
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

[quote="dangerboy"]Update... Former KC City Councilmember Kelvin Simmons will be the new Econ. Dev. Director. Great news for KC to have a local guy in this very important position.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/7468648.htm[/quote

Good to have a connection...but sounds like this back room deal for KS.
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »