OFFICIAL - Power & Light Apartments

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Re: P&L Building

Post by taxi »

Hot tub?
joshmv
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by joshmv »

It looks like he has a ton of photos, but they're kind of spread out. Lots of interesting stuff here

http://blog.ericbowersphoto.com/2015/08 ... ur-part-1/
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

beautyfromashes wrote:The top of that building is exquisite. Do they plan on doing anything inside that small section of the building? Cigar lounge? Pool table?
This was 13 years ago or so, but when I went up there back then there were signs that said not to go out on the setbacks without proper protective gear due to radiation from the radio antennas mounted up there. One of Tosspot's (RIP) Eric's photos shows one of these orange signs in the corner. Not sure if there is still a risk. For the record, I didn''t grown any extra apendages...
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

So, is there a radiation borne Quasimodo living in the P&L tower now?
joshmv
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by joshmv »

loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

Anyone happen to know how far down the basements go beneath the P&L building?

The question may sound strange to some, but many larger downtown buildings have multiple levels sub-grade.
JLowe2018
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by JLowe2018 »

beautyfromashes wrote:The top of that building is exquisite. Do they plan on doing anything inside that small section of the building? Cigar lounge? Pool table?
This was from the project's website, "Clubroom and Lounge located on the 31st floor." The 31st first floor is the area you guys are describing, inside/outside the spire. I know this from going up there with the developer back in January. He was saying they'll have a bar up there with places for people to sit inside and out. He also said people will be able to walk completely around the spire as a top floor terrace. All this will be private and resident-only.
Anyone happen to know how far down the basements go beneath the P&L building?

The question may sound strange to some, but many larger downtown buildings have multiple levels sub-grade.
I also got to see this with the developer. I know there was at least one sub-basement and one regular basement floor, yet I can't remember for sure how many or exact numbers. It was kinda neat though because there were a bunch of older plans and rendering boards leftover down there from past developers.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Hope they don't trip over the floodlights and wiring that will have to be put in to recreate the lighting.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

moderne wrote:Hope they don't trip over the floodlights and wiring that will have to be put in to recreate the lighting.
floodlights? I thought they were putting in LEDs which will be a much lower profile. a bar LED array can be just as bright in a much shallower space as a large floodlight and the lower power requirements means less substantial wiring required

the LED aspect was already mentioned for the lantern so I don't see why floodlights would be different
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

the new building is going up with multi-story pre-fab concrete pieces to begin with. it's going to go in quick as a result.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

flyingember wrote:the new building is going up with multi-story pre-fab concrete pieces to begin with. it's going to go in quick as a result.
some of those vertical pieces have been in place for at least 3 weeks.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

KCPowercat wrote:
flyingember wrote:the new building is going up with multi-story pre-fab concrete pieces to begin with. it's going to go in quick as a result.
there's more going in today
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Pre-fab construction is the wave of the future, even for larger structures, because it cuts down on construction costs.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Is this still latest rendering for the project? Or are you guys talking lot to the West?

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

flyingember wrote:
KCPowercat wrote:
there's more going in today
Right... But I wouldn't call it quick
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by mgh7676 »

It is difficult to see into the jobsite, but aside from the vertical concrete pre-fab pieces, it also looks like most of the footings have been poured, meaning more vertical construction probably isn't too far off.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

earthling wrote:Is this still latest rendering for the project? Or are you guys talking lot to the West?

That's the one.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

loftguy wrote:Anyone happen to know how far down the basements go beneath the P&L building?

I had to go down there once to borrow a dolly. There were at least two. Possibly a third, but I can't remember for certain.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

The cleaned portions of limestone looking great. The old grande jazz age deco is going to glow in the sun again.
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

They already have part of the new garage levels going in place. Looking forward to seeing this portion getting built out.